Chapter 27

As soon as I saw Jin was dead, I turned to Jungkook. His face was white with regret and fear and he continued to stare down at Jin's body. I stood up and immediately went to Jungkook to pull him into a hug. He barely wrapped his arms around me and still shook violently. "I just killed a guy, on purpose this time" he whispered. His voice was shaky and hoarse when he spoke, which sent shivers down my spine. The anxiety was clearly present through his voice. 

I broke the hug and cupped Jungkook's pale face in both my hands. "It will be okay" I paused before I spoke again. I felt so insensitive: I could never imagine what it was like for him to kill somebody, whether he had a choice or not. "It was either kill him or let him kill us. You are not a killer" Jungkook nodded hesitantly and glanced down at my watch and I did the same. It was already two minutes past our deadline to finish the game and we both let out a deep and troubling breath. 

My pulse started to quicken as I started to panic. My mind raced to find a way to get out here before anything happened to us. "We need to get out of here, do you..."

But it was too late. We both jumped as we heard footsteps above us. They were rushed and scattered which told us that there was more than one person and they were coming down to get us and quickly too. Without thinking, Jungkook and I ran behind the table and ducked out of sight, just before the door burst open and the two bodyguards, Kai and J-Hope, stepped into the room. They had bulletproof vests on and were carrying a gun in their hands, as they searched the room slowly. They were hunting us down as if we weren't just a bunch of scared 16 year olds.

Jungkook rose his head slowly above the table and I immediately dragged his shoulder back down. I glared at him and gave him a look of confusion. Jungkook pointed at his hand which held the gun he had used to shoot Jin. He then pointed above the table and I realised that he was trying to retrieve the other gun from the table to give to me. The guards had nearly finished searching the room since the room was not that big. We needed to act fast if we wanted to survive. 

Jungkook tapped my arm and mouthed: "Do you know how to use a gun?" 

"Yes" I lied. I didn't know the first thing about guns. I guess I needed to give Jungkook confidence that we were going to make it out of here. However, Jungkook must have seen straight through me because he gave me his gun and whispered: "the gun is already loaded; all you need to do is aim and pull the trigger"

I nodded and he added: "On the count of three, I am going to grab the gun from the table and we will both start shooting the guards" I nodded again. I could feel my forehead and hands begin to get sweaty. I had never shot anyone before and I had no idea how I was going to bring myself to do it. A hand stroked my back and I turned to face Jungkook who had a look of concern on his face. "Just aim for their legs; they won't die. Also, think about Jimin and Namjoon and how you need to survive for your mum... and for me" Jungkook smirked at me and I blushed uncontrollably. 

Our smiles were quickly removed when the sound of heavy boots made its way towards us. The little light in the room, showed J-Hope's, his face deep with thought and concentration, making his way towards Jin's body. He gasped when he saw Jin lying on the ground and knelt down to him. Kai, seeing J-Hope's sudden reaction, rushed to him to see what was going on. He too knelt down and stared at Jin's body. J-Hope stroked Jin's face softly and whispered: "I'm sorry bro". 

Both of their backs were facing us but I could sense the deep emotion that was radiating off J-Hope and Kai. They weren't like Yoongi and Jin: they weren't psychopaths. They seemed like normal people doing what Yoongi had instructed them to do. They were brought down by Yoongi, just like Jin had when Yoongi got his first kill. I could hear sniffles coming from the guards and Kai put his hand on J-Hope's back to comfort him, making me realise that J-Hope was crying.