Seven

Hours passed and before Mark knew it, Jack had been thrown back into the darkness of the basement. 

"Oh god, Jack..." Mark said, limping over to his friend.

All Jack managed to get out was a small "ow..." before falling asleep. 

Weeks passed. Mark was still too weak to help Jack who was slowly getting worse from his injuries. They were infected and starting to make Jack weaker than he could ever imagine. Some were still bleeding and making it hard for him to even stay awake. 

It seems the duo would be trapped forever...or so they thought. 

One morning, while they waited for what might happen next, there was a crash from upstairs followed by shouting. Jack looked at Mark hoping he knew what was going on. But even Mark had no idea what was happening. 

"Jack? Mark?"

The two looked at the door and there stood their masked friend Cry. 

Mark helped Jack up as Cry unlocked the door.

"Where the hell have you been Cry! We've been here for months..." Mark said.

Cry sighed. "Stopping a demonic take over Fischbach that's where."

Mark and Jack looked at each other with a slight look of fear in their eyes. Jack's pale blue locked with Cry's cobalt. 

"A demonic take over? Ye mean everything we heard is happening?"

Cry nodded. "All of it Jack...from Flame taking over completely to Anti and Dark killing you two..." He replied a slight hint of sadness in his tone. 

Mark looked down, sadness clear on his face and pain in his eyes. 

Jack suddenly collapsed. Blood trickling down his infected leg.

"Ow..." He whimpered.

Cry picked up Jack and held him bridal style.

"But first, medical attention." He said, his cobalt eyes shining in the dim light.

After the much-needed food, water, and hospital care Jack and Mark were ready to help Cry and his friends fight the demons.

"So what do we do?" Jack asked one day.

Cry leaned on a wall. "We sit and wait for Anti and Dark to find out you two have gone missing and they come looking." He said, adjusting his mask. 

Jack and Mark looked at each other then back at Cry. They nodded in agreement and so the plan was put into action. 

They didn't have to wait for long though.