Chapter 2

It was the next morning and Maya woke up with extreme nausea.
It was getting real that she was pregnant even if she hasn't even known for a day.
Josh handled the news pretty good according to her and for that she was very glad.
Maya took a breathe as she looked to the meds in her hand swallowing them when Josh came through.

"Nauseas or should I be worried?" Josh asked.
"Vitamines so no worries. Listen I think we should go to the hospital doctor jus to find out what is going on. I really do think we can do with a bit of reassurance. Just in case," Maya said.
"Having doubts?" Josh asked as he threw his arms around Maya's waist.
"No, not actually. Hard to doubt after seven tests. And yes, I took seven. I wanted to make sure before telling you," Maya said.
"And that's okay. So we are gonna make an appointment. Do you want to tell Riley or..."
"She is on a plane on her way to Hawaii. She'll be landing at nine in Mona, Hawaii. I don't want to bother her. Let's firstly make sure we are expecting before we get ahead of ourselves. Maybe there isn't anything to really worry about," Maya said.
"Darling, I think there is a lot to worry about but let's see if we can get an appointment for later this afternoon," Josh said.

~

Maya and Josh were inside the doctors office while a nurse tried to define how far Maya was.
She shortly looked over at Maya to see if the girl had any emotion but nothing quite yet.

"You still in school?" she asked and Maya shook her head.
"I graduated yesterday," Maya said.
"Yeah, you guys seem calm. Okay so what I'm seeing is a two week pregnancy. It's very early so you are probably going to get a lot of setbacks here and there. This is your first child, right?"
"Yeah, it is," Maya said.
"Okay. So I'm giving you a list of do's and don'ts. Follow them very carefully. And I want to see you back for a seven week sonar. I'll be right back," she said and left.
"I'm pregnant," Maya said.
"You're pregnant. It will be just fine," Josh said.