Chapter 9

Maya was sitting in her bedroom looking at the ultrasound of her perfect babies.
She got the twelve week scan just the other day and now she had to face her best friend who was also pregnant with goodness knows what.
Maybe it wasn't that bad.
Maybe it will still get better.

~

Riley and Lucas were on the plane.
Lucas was reading a book while it seemed that Riley was listening to music through her phone.
Lucas looked over at his girlfriend who was fast asleep but he didn't realize it until now.
Smiling at how beautiful she looked he gave her head a kiss before he made himself comfortable.

The plane landed and immediately it was a huge relief for Riley to get off the plane.
She exhaled as she could feel how she was feeling more and more terrible.

"I'm going to the bathroom," Riley said as she was gone.

Lucas exhaled as he knew she was going to have this pregnancy hard.
She wasn't even supposed to be a whole lot in and out as it was now they are flying all over the country.

"Where's Riley?" Maya asked as Lucas smiled.
"Hey. She's in the bathroom. Could you go and see if she is okay? She's been gone for awhile," Lucas said and Maya nod as she was gone.

She entered the bathroom as she sighed seeing her best friend over the toilet.

"Riley, honey," Maya said but Riely couldn't face her best friend.

Maya quickly took Riley's hair back which she tied up before she took out a bottle of liquid.

"Here. It helped me a lot," Maya said as Riley gave her best friend a hug.
"You're showing. I'm so happy for you. Let's go and find the boys," Riley said and they walked out of the bathroom immediately facing everyone.

"Hey, Niece. How are ya?" Josh asked.
"I'm good," Josh said as he went to stand in front of Maya.
"Yeah, Josh? Looks like you have something to ask me," Maya said.
"Now that you mention it," Josh said as he went doen on his knees.

Maya immediately gasps at the sight of a beautiful ring and tears start forming in her eyes.

"Maya Hart, will you marry me?" Josh asked and Maya nod.
"Of course I will," Maya said as Josh put on the ring giving her a passionate kiss.

Maya's ring