Harry

I took in a huge gulp of air, as I traded the busy building for the open air. I faintly heard the sound of fans screaming my name and felt someone guide me towards the car,avoiding the outstretched hands of fans. I wanted to reach out to them, I wanted to talk to them and ask them how they were doing, maybe sign autographs like I normally would. Instead, I gave them a small smile which satisfied them nonetheless. Sitting in the car, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. It had been doing so non-stop for the last two weeks, but I couldn't bring myself to check it. As the car drove off, I leaned my head against the window and closed my eyes. This was it, I was finally going to see them again after four years. I missed them, I missed them terribly. However, it had been four years and I had changed drastically and I don't doubt they had as well. I thought of the last time we were all together, it felt like decades ago;

"Is he here? Is he coming at all?" Liam asked me worriedly, I sighed and sadly shook my head. Liam's face fell  for a second and then a stern expression took over. " Well, it's not the first time he's abandoned us.We need to stay strong for Louis' sake ok? We have to be there for him." Liam held both mine and Niall's shoulder,looking into our eyes, making sure we understood what he was saying. We both nodded our head in agreement. He pulled us in for a hug; "Good lads." He whispered.

"Louis! You're on in ten!" I heard someone yell and as if on cue, the man himself walked in.

"There he is!" I exclaimed pulling him in for a hug, " The man of the hour, don't you look good." I said.

He chuckled and greeted Niall and Liam, he then looked around,as if waiting for someone else to appear.

"He didn't come did he?" He asked. Niall, Liam and I glanced at each other awkwardly, none of us knowing what to say.

"I'm sure he wanted to be here but circum-"

"Circumstances my ass, my mother just fucking died. I needed you guys to be here for me, I needed him to be here for me!" Louis angrily cut Niall off, wiping the tears out of his eyes in frustration, his voice cracking as he said this. I walked over to him, wrapping my arms around him in comfort.

"Yes, he should've been here, but he's not. We are though, and we are here for you always . Remember that. Now, you got out there and make your mum proud." I heard him sniffle before stepping out of my embrace. He grabbed his microphone and walked over to the stage entrance.

"Thank you for being here!" He screamed  before running on stage.

That night we watched Louis perform, like never before. It was whole different person on that stage.We went out for drinks after, helping Louis forget the pain he was going through. It was the last time, we were together, all three of us. I had seen them separately once or twice throughout the years of course. As for Zayn, I had never spoken to him or seen him since he left. I'm sure we've been in the same room before, at an award show maybe. But I had never actively made the effort to talk to him and quite frankly, neither had he. I wondered if he would be there, would he dare show up after all the pain he caused us and Simon. I felt my eyes tear up at the thought of Simon. I left him, we all did. After we promised not to.Louis stayed; he was loyal, always has been.

"You're leaving?Just like that? Harry, we promised." Louis looked at me, I could see the disappointment in his eyes.

"Louis, it's not that simple. I need to be free, I need to be my own person, with my own style. If I stay here, I'll always be seen as the boy from One Direction, no matter what I do." I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration. Louis took a step back and crossed his arms. He gave me a blank stare and said;