Infinity

"Make sure Louis and Harry do not leave that room." Liam said to Niall before walking towards the door where he had previously seen Zayn. He didn't have to talk to him but he needed to in order for there to be peace tomorrow.At least, that's what he told himself. He knocked on the door, nervously waiting for Zayn to open it.

On the other side of the door, Zayn was nervously pacing around. He knew it was Liam knocking and he knew he couldn't open it. He looked around his room for an escape route, briefly considering jumping out the window, however looking at how high up his room is, that would definitely result in immediate death.

"Fuck!"He screamed to himself,

"Zayn! I know you're in there. Just open the door, I'm not here to argue. I just want to talk. Please." There was internal battle going on in Zayn's mind, he didn't want to open that door. Why? Well, because he knew by Liam coming in, he'd be forced to confront his past mistakes and guilt would overwhelm him. Besides that, Michelle, his manager, told him not communicate with any of his former band-mates this weekend.

'Fuck it, fuck all of it.' Zayn thought to himself and went to open the door. At the end of the day, they had his heart; Liam, Niall, Harry and even Louis still had his heart even if they hated him. They would always be his brothers.
"Liam." Is all Zayn managed to say, once the door finally opened. Liam just nodded. The two stood there awkwardly for a  while before Zayn remembered to invite him in. Zayn sat on the bed, while Liam sat on the sofa opposite him. "How are you? How's your son, Bear?" Zayn asked,

"I'm good, he's good too. I'm surprised you remembered I have a son, let alone his name. You didn't seem to care that much." Liam responded coldly.

'Ouch' Zayn thought to himself. His words were like daggers in Zayn's heart but he didn't say anything because they were well deserved. "I'm sorry." Is all that came out of his mouth.

"Sure you are." Zayn was shocked at Liam's coldness. If this was how he was acting, he couldn't imagine how the others would. "Look, I'm not here for small talk."

"Then why are you here?"

"Tomorrow is Simon's funeral and burial, the last thing we need is for your presence to cause any unnecessary raucous."  Zayn's eyes widened and his eyebrows furrowed in confusion, he didn't like where this was going.

"What are you trying to say?" He asked, standing up from his sedentry position.

"Look, I think it's best for everyone if you just don't attend. I don't think Louis would be able to control himself if he saw you."

"That's not my fucking fault! Granted, I've done you all wrong but Louis inability to control his anger is not my problem. I have the right to pay respects just like everyone else, mindless of my past mistakes." Zayn was angry now, he was beyond furious.

"Zayn,just think about it. Please."

"It's selfish of you to ask this from me. You're just afraid of the media attention, that's always been a big problem for you. This is exactly why I left in the first place! How can you live a life not being able to do whatever makes you happy!"

Liam stood up abruptly, "Look, I've said what I've come to say. Do with it what you will." He said and left, slamming the door shut as he did so.

Zayn began to breath heavily, tears clouding his vision. Eventually it  started to become more and more difficult for him, he was having a panic attack. His manager had taken away all his medication so the only thing he could do was calm himself down. So there he laid, on the floor in the middle of his room, alone, negative thought after negative thought filling his mind. Tears, flowed endlessly from his eyes.