Liam

"Niall, I've been calling you like crazy. Are you at the hotel?"

" Yeah, but I've gone out for some air. Louis got a room for all of three us."

"Oh."I said awkwardly scratching the back of my head. I was glad, he couldn't see my discomfort through the phone. "I don't know if that's such a good idea."

"Why?" Niall responded plainly,

"It's just, I don't know. I think we need our own space to grieve."

"Fair enough, but you can tell Louis yourself." I thought about at that for a second. Telling Louis I wanted my own room after he went through the trouble to make sure we were together would definitely result in an argument. Arguing with Louis was the last thing I wanted right now.

"Actually, you know what, maybe us sharing a room might do us some good."

"Ok."

"Are , uhm, the other boys coming?"

"I honestly don't know, Harry probably but Zayn, I have no idea."

"Well, even if they do come, let's just hope all goes well."

"Yeah, I'll see you later." Niall mumbled before ending the call. I looked at my phone in shock; it was unlike Niall to behave this way. He was unlike his usually talkative self. Honestly, Niall had it hard. He wanted the best for everyone in the group, so he always found himself in the middle of arguments never taking sides. Over the years, he tried more than anyone to keep the communication alive, planning reunions and such but everyone was always too busy. Eventually, he gave up. I placed my phone in pocket and grabbed my luggage from the taxi.

"Thank you!" I exclaimed before it drove off.

"Liam Payne!" I heard someone yell, I turned around to see a young, tan, beautiful woman with a head full of curls.

"Danielle Peazer?" I questioned in shock, I couldn't believe she was standing in front of me. Though, I should have expected it, I was in London after all. "You look amazing." I muttered, taking her appearance in. She was gorgeous perhaps even more beautiful than when I last saw her.

"Liam, stop looking at me like that. I'm not young or old enough for you." She mocked, laughing at her own joke,

"Not funny." I uttered crossing my arms like a child.

"I'm sorry, how is Cheryl or was it Maya wait  no, Naomi Campbell. How'd you get her?" She asked, laughing hysterically. The happiness, I initially had to see her began to disappear as her jokes became more and more hurtful. She was always like that though, a jokester. She was also full energy and she used to exhibit that in her dance, I was glad I could still see that in her.

"Danielle, seriously. Do you even know why I'm here?" I knew that she knew the answer to my question because she shut up immediately, her smile faltering.

"Yeah, I heard about that. I'm sorry. He was a good man." We stood there, awkwardly looking at each other. "I guess I'll see you Sunday then, at the funeral." She whispered the last part, afraid to say the words. As if saying them makes it real.

"Wait, you were invited?" I asked shocked. I didn't know  she was that close to Simon.

"Yes, don't forget, I was the choreographer for almost all his big projects." She said,offended. Right, I should've known that.

"See you then." I waved at her, before grabbing my things and entering the hotel lobby. I walk over to the receptionist.

"I would like to book a suite, the name is Liam Payne." I said, already taking out my wallet.

"Sir, Mr Tomlinson already has a room ready for you." She responded meekly;

"Yes, I know." I huffed in annoyance, "But I'd like this room in case." I wasn't lying, I needed this room, in case things don't end well between Louis and I.

"Ok, sir. I'm sorry." The girl whispered, afraid to anger me. I sighed again, looking around the hotel lobby, a familiar mop of curls caught my attention, I squinted to gain better sight but noticed it wasn't him, it wasn't Harry. My heart sank in disappointment but I was also relieved, I wouldn't have known how to act if it was him.

"Here are your keys." The girl said while handing them to me. I grabbed them before heading towards the elevator. I put down my luggage as I reached to push the elevator button. But, it was already open. It was already open and someone was already standing inside it.

"Liam?"

"Zayn?"

Was the only thing we could we say to each other, before the elevator closed and he was gone.