Zayn

The soft sound of the doorbell echoed through the door as I patiently waited for it to be opened. My hands shook nervously and I hid them behind my back as I heard her familiar voice from the otherside of the door.

"I'm coming!" She called, upon seeing my face , her eyes widened in shock and her smile fell.

"Perrie, uhm, hi." I stammered nervously. I wiped my palms against my trousers as nerves seized control over my body.

"Zayn." She acknowledged coldly,we stood there awkwardly as I racked my brain for things to say. Why was I here again?

"May I come in?" I asked eventually and she hesitated slightly before sighing and opening the door further to let me in. I followed her into her living room and she sat down on a couch, beckoning me to do the same.

"So, why are you here Zayn." She asked, getting straight to the point. She stared at me expectantly and I breathed slowly, mentally counting to ten before opening my mouth to speak.

"A lot has happened these past few weeks and I've had the time to understand all that has happened these past few year. I took a lot of things for granted, I took you for granted. I was never appreciative of everything you did for me, all that you sacrificed for me. I took the coward's way out by abandoning you." She remained quiet and I took this as a sign to continue. " I was so blinded by misery, that I could not see everything you and so many others around me did for me. You did all you could to try and pull me out of that dark pit, sadly I was too far gone. I never even uttered so much as a thank you.I came here to apologize for all the harm I've caused you and to say thank you." I was done talking, said what I came here to say. I wasn't sure if the next move was to get up and leave or remain here in silence. Much to my surprise, Perrie started crying. It began with small whimpers before turning into sobs. I was paralyzed with shock, this was not the reaction I had in mind. I had expected her to yell, scream at me and kick me out. Not this, anything but this.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled, wiping her eyes. " It's just, I loved you Zayn. I loved you so fucking much, I just wanted you to be happy. I would have done anything for you to be happy." Now, I was crying. Fuck, this was not what I had in mind when I decided to come here. I walked over to her and knelt down infront of her. I took her hands in mine and planted a small kiss on them.

"Perrie, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry for everything I put you through." She cried, turning her face away from to avoid my gaze.

"Zayn, " She began, "I remember the day you proposed. It was the happiest day of my life." A small smile found its way to her lips and my heart sank with guilt. "I was destined to marry my best friend and you proposed in the most romantic way possible."

"Zayn, where are you?I'm tired of walking around this stupid park." Perrie whined through the phone causing a small chuckle to erupt from my throat.

"Just a little further babe." Before she could let another word of protestation, I ended the call and placed my phone in my pocket. I crossed my arms as I watched Perried make her way around the park from the small television screen I had set up. This was it, this was the day. I was finally proposing to her, to my love, my life; Perrie Edwards. Words alone could not describe how much she meant to me, she was my everything, almost literally the only reason I got every morning to go on stage. Some might argue that we were to young to get married but I say marriage was something that was just meant to happen between Perrie and I. I couldn't imagine my life with anybody other than her by my side.

"Nervous?" Harry questioned as he stood next to me. I didn't say anything, but, I think my nervous fidgeting and wringing of hands said enough. Harry chuckled, giving me a comforting pat on the back. He watched through the small television screen as Niall approached Perrie, leading her to the small picnic I had set up. Then Louis came and replaced Niall, serving Perrie a glass of champagne.Things were going exactly as planned.