Epilogue

A/N: Read the author's note at the end please, exciting news about the sequel/spin off BOOK 2 IS CALLED GENTLEMAN IN DISTRESS and also can you please give me a follow ;( this book has gotten thousands of reads and it would mean so much if my following could go up as well, it would provide more expose for my other stories.Thank you in advance!

"Do you think we can go in yet?"

"No, I don't think so, we have to give them some space."

"Yeah, yeah but I really want to know what's happening! Let's just go in!"

"No, Louis, stay." Liam ordered, stepping in front of an excited yet frantic Louis Tomlinson. He let out a loud sigh of complaint as he moved away from the door, before settling himself down between Niall and Harry. Niall glanced around the room, a smile on his face as he swung his feet happily while, Harry, on the other hand, had a look of distress etched all over his face. He glanced briefly at the door in front of him, it taunted him. The lack of communication between himself and his best friend on the other side was stressing him out.

"What is taking so long?" He groaned, running his hands through his hair as he got up and paced about. Liam gave him a comforting smile;

"These things take long, Harry, it was the same for me and I'm sure it was the same for Louis as well."

"I just need to know what's happening, it's driving me crazy!" Harry complained, as if on cue, the door finally opened and out stepped the man in question. He was tired, his eyes slightly red and decorated with dark under eye bags. His hair was an absolute mess and his clothes were wrinkled and slightly bloody.

"Hey, guys." Zayn spoke, his voice hoarse, Harry rushed to him, engulfing him in a hug.

"And?" He spoke, letting him go as he stared at him inquisitively.

"It's a girl." Zayn laughed, a tear escaping his eyes, the boys all let out a cheer as they all moved towards him. Before Zayn could even utter another word they  had pulled him in for a bone-crushing hug, restricting his ability to breathe. Eventually, they let him go and began chatting excitedly amongst themselves, buzzed by the good news.

"I'm so happy for you." Harry whispered for only Zayn to hear, who responded with a small smile.

"For the longest time, I've never felt like I knew what to do with my life, I've always felt like something was missing.Like I'd never truly be happy."Harry remained quiet, allowing Zayn to express himself as moments like this were rare, moments where Zayn was able to express himself in the most honest and vulnerable possible,they were rare. And now that Zayn was finally allowed to be himself, God forbid he'd be the one to ruin it. "But when I saw her for the first time, when I looked her in the eyes and held her small body in my arms for the first time, I felt whole. For the first time, in my entire life I felt complete.Like for once I was doing the right thing. I've never felt this way before, Harry, not before One Direction, not during and definitely not after. I'm happy, Harry, I'm completely and utterly content with life. I'm happy!" Zayn exclaimed and Harry smiled, though he felt a pang of pain go through his chest.He was elated at the fact that Zayn was finally happy, however, he did still feel guilt and pain at the fact that he was never able to supply Zayn with the happiness he rightfully deserved.

"Zayn, of everyone I know, you are the most deserving of this precious little gift. Out of all of us, you've had it the hardest but despite hitting rock bottom, you bounced back. You deserve this, no one could be a better father than you." Harry responded, taking Zayn's hand.

"Well, are you guys going to sit there and flirt or will you actually let us see the baby?" Louis quipped sarcastically, earning a chuckle from Zayn.