Chapter 3: Sudden Mishap

A/N: The comments were all about the previous and old version of the book. Please be reminded.

***

In my years of living at the outskirts of the Kingdom of Corinthia, we lived in tranquility and a quietude life. The neighboring people weren't that friendly, but not dangerous either.

It was as if we're almost not a part of the world, the country of Avalon, dogs that follow their keeper, or puppets that are being controlled, tied with strings.

But that's not until I get to encounter the real thing, the world that we're living in. A world where strength and power are purely based on the money you possess, and the position that you hold.

Ever since that dreadful nightmare, I've always believed that only those who hold such power and supremacy are the ones responsible for my family's death. And from that day on, I swore to return back the favor to them.

"Focus, Cine!"

I was snapped out of my trance when I heard Doris' call. There are two Doris that are charging at me that were about to come near me when I fell on my knees. I kicked the legs of the other one, and was about to punch the other one, when I felt a direct attack on my back.I coughed because of the impact and fell on the ground. Damn, being distracted is one of the things that I hate.

"If I'm a real opponent, you should be dead right now." I heard her calmly stating. A replica of her returned back to her body, which is her ability to duplicate herself.

Mabilis akong tumayo kahit na iniinda ang sakit ng likod ko at mabilis na umatake sa kanya. Ginawa 'kong yelo ang isa 'kong kamao at umamba ng suntok, which also took my stamina. Before I even land a fist on her, she swiftly avoided. Kinuha niya ang kaliwa 'kong braso at hinawakan nang mahigpit. But before she can even pull it, I released an ice energy and faced it on her, where she avoided it. I predicted to where she will avoid and landed a punch on it.

I was about to smile in victory when she released my left arm and jumped. She did a turn and kicked my back, again. The attack had a large impact, it even created a crack on the ground.

Akala ko ay tapos na siya nang maramdaman ko pa ang mabilis niyang paglusob sa akin. She was about to hit me when I rolled as much as my body can. Hindi pa ako nakakalingon sa kanya ay pasugod na agad siya sa akin. Sinubukan ko iyong harangan ng dalawa 'kong braso, but it wasn't enough to stop a powerful attack from her, given that I'm already losing stamina due to her attack and using an advanced technique earlier.

Her strike sent me flying until my back hit a tree. I shrieked in pain dahil kanina pa natatamaan ang likod ko. Halos mag-manhid na ito sa sakit at naramdaman ko ang pamumuo ng luha sa mata ko. I bit my lower lip to prevent myself to cry in a stupid pain that I got in a training.

Dahan-dahan akong bumagsak mula sa puno at nakita si Doris na dahan-dahang naglalakad palapit sa akin. I chuckled sarcastically at her.