On August Do We Part

Hiruzen Saratobi was the Third Hokage of the Hidden Leaf. It has been a year since he has passed the title of 'Hokage' to Minato Namikaze. Who both him and Kushina await the arrival of there son in two months time.

     He gazed upon the village he once ruled, only for him to stain its name and made choices not for the better meant of the village but what will be its downfall.

     "Lord Third, we have found him. He has taken shelter at another one of his lab, east of Konoha"

    Three of Konoha's ANBU has apperead behind Hiruzen, kneeling as they began to tell the information they have gathered.

'Why did it have to come to this. For me to once again feel the burden of failure'

Hiruzen put down the pipe he was holding and began to walk to a near by closet within the room. The closet held the armor he wore during his time as Hokage, who fought bravely during the war.

"Alright, from here on out this will be an S-class mission. The result of the mission will determine the future of our village so remember this...... Destroy every research and experiment Orochimaru has been doing. Save any survivors. Gather any data that you can find and..... Leave the duty of killing him to me"

The three ANBU nodded. Then when the moon was high in the sky and the village was finally asleep, they left.

'Was I a terrible sensei. How could I have not seen this coming. If only I wasn't so blinded of your upbringings then maybe I could have stopped when you from making the wrong choices. To stop you from leaving the village.'

"We are nearing the lab everyone be on guard" Hiruzen said

They landed on the ground. They scanned the forest for the entrance to the lab and soon they were in.

:::::

It was only a matter of time before they came. With the intention of finding their prey. His plan has successfuly worked out for most of the parts.

Phase one: Give out obvious intel of where the lab was located. To give information of what was going on within its walls.

Phase two: Make them come with the intention to kill. For them to destroy his research.

Now for phase three. Orochimaru fluttered his hands on the keyboard never averting his gaze from the screen. It was nearing time at midnight they will strike.

'Do you know how long I have waited for you sensei to some and stop me. This research, the data and experiments I have made. For you too be the one bring an end to this all.'

The lab was filled with tanks that contained unknown fluids and within this tanks were children of different ages ranging from five to ten years old.

He places another file into a folder. The lastest experiment was a success. He gazes at one of the tanks, that contained a living kid with brown hair. This kid manages to survive. He manages to withstand the Hashirama cells that were fused into his body.

'What does it mean to become a monster for the sake of others? To obey orders for the wrong people, in order protect the ones you love'

He stood up and started to walk through the labyrinth lab. The lab was a maze a complex one, does who enter never walks out alive. Some of them die by triggering his traps, other got to be experimented on.

If you don't know your way around here your as good as dead.

He stops at a white door at the end of the hall. He opens it with a soft smile plastered on his face.

'Come to me sensei, destroy this lab amd save the other children who are still alive. But I cannot let you kill me for I have people waiting for me after the events that will occur tonight'

"Misaki its time" Orochimaru said standing near the door. A girl with a coral pink hair and mint green eyes stood uo from the corner. "Does it have to be this way" she asked with a shaky voice, holding back the tears that threaten to fall.

"To insure your safety and to get rid of any assumptions of our ties. This has to be done. We might or might not meet again, but always remember I will be watching from the shadows" he said hugging her close feeling her warmth one last time.

They soon began to walk to a nearby cell. He locked her up and ripped parts of her clothes.

"Do you remmeber your story ?" he asked kneeling down beside her. "My name is Haruno Misaki, I was taken in by Orochimaru for research. I have been here for a year. I came from a village he raided a year ago. He has taken me along with other children and teens he saw worthy of being his lab rats" she replied her voice sad and in despair.

He kissed her one last time before locking her cell.

"Remeber your story. My sensei is a kind man I know he will free all other prisoners in here. You will be safe at Konohagakure. You can start a new without the fear of dying. Please take care" Orochimaru said turning around.

Misaki began to cry and her sobs echoed through the hallways. It was tempting to go back to take her and run away again. But its dangerous if he finds out about her, he would use her against him. She would just be in more danger with him.

'Is it right to leave the people you love. To make them suffer of your absence in their lives. To protect them from the wrong people, who would be more than glad to use them against you to do more of their bidding.'

:::::

The halls were long, traps were every were this place is a maze.

They came across a room filled with children in tanks all were dead. Hiruzen ordered the one ANBU to gather as much information he could, while the other two to see if their are prisoners being held captive and save them.

They were had all splitted up. He then felt familiar chakra in a room and he knew just what to do.