A Secret Kept

It has been 5 years since Haruno Misaki has passed. Hiruzen had no choice but to put both Naruto and Sakura at an orphanage, but even though he cannot be by their side doesn't mean he will not keep an eye on the two.

Hiruzen watches as both Naruto and Sakura play together at the park. Both of them are close friends and protect each other.

:::::

"Sakura-chan look" Naruto said as he finishes building his sand castle. "That look great Naruto-kun" she replied showing off her sand castle.

"Ne Naruto-kun I'm gonna go and get something okay" Sakura said standing up. Naruto nodded and continued playing in the sand box.

Thud......

"Naruto-kun are you alright? " Sakura said as she rushes to Naruto's side after hearing a loud thud. However she was blocked by a group of boys who were circling around Naruto pushing her back.

The group of kids continued throwing rocks at Naruto and were calling him names. One rock manages to make his head bleed out.

"Stop it, your hurting him!" Sakura said trying to push her way through the group of boys. Tears were falling down her face.

"Get away girly, can't you see were beating up this monster" one of the boy said as he pushed Sakura to the ground.

Sakura saw Naruto curled up in a ball trying to block the rocks. He was covered with bruise and his head was bleeding out even more.

Sakura stood up and was determined to put a stop to this. She quickly pushed aside one of the boys making him hit the ground hard with much force. She went infront of Naruto and blocked the rocks that were being thrown at him.

"Get away girly, its no fun if your the onw getting hurt" one of them said, but Sakura stood her ground and shock her head. She wasn't going to allow any of them to hurt her friend.

"Fine have it your way" one of them saidas they began throwing rocks at her. Naruto then pushed Sakura aside and got hit again on the head.

"No!" Sakura shouted as she grabbed one of the rocks and stood up. She had thrown the rock and it bounces of all the rocks that were being thrown at them deflecting each one.

A surge of chakra then began to surge within Sakura as she took a step forward towards the group of boys.

Each step she took the ground beneath her feet began to break. The boys were all on the ground scattering to get away.

"Dont hurt Naruto again! " she yelled as the boys started to run away with tears forming in their eyes.

She went to Naruto's side and tried to help him to sit up. She looked at the place were he was bleeding and she started to get worried. She place her hands at the wound to try and lessen the bleeding when her hands started to glow a light green color.

She was shocked so she pulled her hands away but then saw the wound getting sealed up. She then hesitately place her hands at the wound again hoping whatever she was doing will heal Naruto and not hurt him any further. She was relieved when her hands started to glow green again and the wound was gone, almost like it was never even there.

:::::

"Thank you Sakura-chan" Naruto said with a grin on his face. Sakura helped him stand up as they started walking back to the orphanage.

Hiruzen watched the entire thing at first he wanted to go start there and help the poor kids but then she saw Sakura gather up her chakra and make is so that the ground beneath began to crumble.

He was amazed by hee ability to control her chakra with ease and she was even able to heal Naruto's wound with her medical ninjutsu.

'She's a lot like both of you, Misaki. She has your ability of healing and she has an ability to become a prodigy.'

He leans back into his chair and starts to rub his forehead. "I wish you were here Minato, Kushina. You would have known what to do and he wouldn't be treated this way."

He then got up and walked to the window. He gazes at Konoha the village he swore to protect. This was his responsibility as Hokage.

"Secrets most be kept in order to protect those we love" he muttered to himself remember the decision he made 5 years ago.

::::::

Hiruzen sat at the Hokage's office. It was already passed midnight. He was looking at the box and key infront of him, thinking of what to do next.

He couldn't take care of both Naruto and Sakura. He only manages to care for Naruto during the past months because of Misaki's help, but now she was gone as well.

He sighed and grabbed a folder containing a form. He had no other choice he had to send the two to the orphanage. He was certain that both of them will want to become shinobis one day and with that in mind he filled up the papers that were needed to send the two to the orphanage.

He will make sure that both of them gets treated right. Even though its been months since the kyuubi incident the hatred and anger within the citizens hearts was only growing. He made an official decree stating no one was to mention the kyuubi. He made tgis decision thinking it might help Naruto to grow up not being hated by other children.

After signing the papers he put the folder back into the drawer.

He then grabbed a couple more folders from his desk along with the box and key, the he disappeared from the office.

He arrived at an old storage area where unecessary stop was stored.

He placed the box inside one of the boxes that contained all of Misaki's belongings. He also placed a folder inside the box containing the information on Haruno Misaki. Then he resealed the box. He placed it beside the box that had Minato and Kushina's belonging that also contained a folder about their personal information. The boxes has seals on them that only Naruto and Sakura can opme so he knew that the information will be safe and untouched.

"This way you will both know your origins if ever I may pass on and haven't disclosed to the both of you your heritage"

He grabbed a remaining folder and disappered from the storage area.

He reappeared in a forest far away from konoha. He gathered up sticks and placed them on the ground.

He took one last glance of the folder. It contained information that was gathered during the night they stormed Orochimaru's lair. It also had Yamato's files before he disappeared.

He placed the folder onto the piles of wood before lighting it on fire. He watched as the folder burned and turned to ash.

:::::

"I did many wrong deeds and I am undeserving of the title I bear now. However as long as I remain here alive no one must know of what happened that night"