March Is When Spring Comes

'I am getting to old for this. How long has it been? It has been at least 9 months since that night'

Hiruzen sat at the Hokage 's desk filling out some documents. As his mind recalls the night they infiltrated Orochimaru's lab.

:::::

Haruno Misaki has been officially filed as a citizen of Konoha, along with the boy who they later learn was named Yamato.

Misaki was an amazing medic. She manages to find cures to epidemics and diseases that has been affecting the people of Konoha. She was a kind hearted woman, it was after a month since that night when Hiruzen decided to visit Yamato and Misaki.

He found them near a training field. Yamato was practicing his accuracy with throwing kunai and shurikens at targets at least 20 feet away from him. Misaki was sitting near a tree meditating.

A soft green light sorrounded Misaki which gained the attention of Hiruzen. As she opened her eyes, a look of despair and worry was engraved on her face.

:::::

On October 10, an unexpected attack occured at Konoha. The nine tailed beast, kurama manages to escape from the seal of his jinchuriki who happens to be Uzamaki Kushina the wife of the Yondaime Hokage, Namekaze Minato .

Many shinobis died that night, including Minato and Kushina who manage to seal away the kyuubi within their new born son Naruto.

:::::

"How is he?" Hiruzen asked Misaki who is currently checking the new born child, Naruto.

"I don't see any damage he could have obtain from having the kyuubi sealed in him. He seems to be just fine. A healthy baby boy" she said as he places Naruto in a crib at the hospitals nursery.

Hiruzen gazes at the boy, remembering the promise he has to keep for Kushina and Minato. He would take care of him as a guardian, to not only make sure no one tries to free the kyuubi again, but as well as to see how he grows into a fine shinobi his parents could be proud off.

He then saw Misaki rush to a near by restroom. Her face was pale and she had bags under her eyes.

Yamato who looks towards Misaki as a big sister rushes to her side.

"Nee-chan are you alright?" he asked giving her a cup of water. She drank the water then replied with a nod.

She then walks to her office and closes the door.

"How long has she been sick? Yamato" Hiruzen asked the child. "Nee-chan has been throwing up since 2 months ago. She won't tell me whats wrong. She always says I'm alright no need to worry" Yamato said with a concern look on his face.

:::::

"I should probably go now" Hiruzen said standing up and walking out of the Hokage's office.

After the kyuubi incident he became Hokage again. It took him a while before he decided to ask help from Misaki on how to raise a baby. Misaki was of big help, she taught him all the things he needed to learn about raising a child.

However the more time he spent with her. The more worried he got. She always looked sick and tired, yet still she continued her shifts at the hospital like nothing is wrong. Yamato grew more and more concern about his older sister and came to Hiruzen for help.

:::::

Hiruzen was sitting in his office all day doing paperwork. When he heard a knock on the door. "Come in" he said, the door opened revealing Yamato.

"Hiruzen-sama, Nee-chan collapsed and I don't know what to do" the boy said practically bouncing around the room with dread and worry.

Hiruzen quickly stood up and went to Misaki's house. There she found her on the floor. Upon closer inspection he saw something.

'A genjutsu, but why?' he taught as he quickly helped her up and place her at her bed.

"Thank you" she said as she layed down. "Misaki, if you dont mind me asking. Why do you have a genjutsu place on you? " he asked sitting beside her bed.

Misaki got up and released her genjutsu revealing her growing stomach. Hiruzen was shocked, then a question came into his mind 'did He do this? '.

"This child belongs to him" she said looking down, confirming his suspicions. Hiruzen was bewildered by the information he received. He placed a hand on her shoulder.

     "Even after what happened, this child deserves to live. I was worried that maybe if you found out you might kill her. I know what her father did was wrong and she has her blood. But this child is her own. She doesn't bear the sins of her father. She deserves a life like any other child" she said tears falling down her face.

Hiruzen then came closer and hugged her. He knew all the wrong deeds this childs father has done, but she was right. This child bears non of the sins he commited. This child has the right to live the way every other children does.

:::::

Hiruzen walks up to a training field. It has wood coming out of the ground, however this wood is not natural for it came from a jutsu a boy created.

He sat down gazing at the field infront of him. Sitting down beside a tree blooming with cherry blossoms. Remembering the time he helped train Yamato with his jutsu.
It was during that time he finally figured out what Orochimaru has done to the sixty children he had taken.

:::::

Yamato was all he could think about after witnessing the wood style jutsu he performed infront of him.

"Orochimaru fused Hashirama's cell into those sixty children and only Yamato survived" he said rubbing a hand on his forehead.

It was the day after he had witnessed Yamato perform the Jutsu, when Misaki came into his office crying. She finally manages to utter out the words he dreaded the most.

"Y-Ya-Yamato i-is g-gone. H-he di-disa-disappeared"

And at that moment he knew someone else has witnessed Yamato's jutsu and has taken him. He had three ANBU searched for him but to no avail.

:::::

"Sandaime-sama, Misaki is currently at the hospital. She is about to give birth to her child" an ANBU said standing behind Hiruzen.

He quickly got up and started walking to the hospital. He manages to find Misaki laying in bed with her child placed in front of her.

He went to Misaki's side and glance at the baby. She had hair similar to that of a Cherry Blossom and her eyes were like emerabls orbs. He felt joy bubble up inside of him. He was like a proud grandfather.

"She's beautiful Misaki" he said as he gently holds the new born in his hands.

"Please look after Sakura for me" Misaki said before a long sound echoed in the room. Doctors and nurses where hurrying to her side.

He was asked to leave the room by one of the nurses and the next thing he saw when he glanced at the door was the doctors trying to bring her back.

On that day a life was given and another was taken.

Hiruzen went to Misaki's place to gather the things she might have left behind for her child.

There he found a box sealed up. Along side of it was key that has a cherry blossom wrapped around a white circle. He picked it up and held it close to his heart.

"Don't worry Misaki, I will take care of her. After all she is like a grandchild to me"