Thrown Into an Ancient War

the sun sank below the mountains as the masters were chosen. The grail sent out its servants to their masters. Saber. Lancer. Rider. Berserker. Assassin. Caster. And finally: Archer.

There was something different about this Holy Grail war though. The Grail chose an eighth master to spice the competition up a bit. One that commanded all of the classes and could summon indefinitely as long as the war continued.

It chose a young man named Y/n L/n. As far as his skills went, he was only really skilled in hand to hand combat and Gunplay. He had trained in the Cadets at 16 and was militaristically disciplined. His favoured weapons were a pair of Python Revolvers. He had even named them: Pleasure and Pain. Though he kept other firearms around his home at all times, just for display if nothing else. His prized firearm though, was a beautifully well kept Type-100 machine gun.

He was a serious history buff and listened to Sabaton religiously. His hobbies included collecting guns, going for walks at night and reading up on history.

He was currently getting ready for his nightly walk. He took his revolvers, Pleasure and Pain, and stuffed them into the back of his jeans. He pulled on a dark grey hoodie and walked out of the house. He locked the door and made his way out towards the woods, where he liked to relax.

As he walked, he spun his revolvers around his fingers. The safety was on, so there was no chance of accidental discharge. (yes that was an innuendo)

Eventually, he came to a quiet clearing and took a seat on a fallen log. He started eating a chocolate bar when he suddenly felt a presence behind him. He pointed both revolvers towards the tree line and disengaged safety.

Y/n: "that had better just be an animal."

He kept his revolvers trained on the same spot until he heard movement and fired a warning shot. It was followed by a surprised yelp as a girl fell out of the tree line.

She was modestly built with long messy blonde hair and had green eyes. She was wearing some red clothes that barely covered anything.

Y/n: "you. Explanation. Now please."

???: "ugh, screw you, Jackass."

Y/n: "I'd rather you didn't. Anyway, why were you hiding there?"

???: "tch, none of your business."

Y/n: "clearly it is though. So spill it."

???: "I'm not telli-"

*BANG*

The girl yelped in surprise again as Y/n shot the floor next to her. He could see tears forming in her eyes. Obviously she wasn't a fan of loud noises.

Y/n: "again. Start talking."

???: "f-fine. I'm Saber for starters."

Y/n: "bullshit."

Saber: "Ughh! How difficult can one guy be!?"

Y/n: "Yes."

Saber: "Zip it!"

Y/n: "No."

Saber then ran at him and tried to punch him, only for Y/n to dodge and grab her wrist before making her face-plant into the ground.

Y/n: "Saber isn't your name. So tell me what it really is."

Saber: "...Mordred."

Y/n: "eh?"

Saber: "It's Mordred. Mordred Pendragon!"

 Mordred Pendragon!"