Trace On!

Y/n slowly opened his eyes and found himself in a peculiar position. Jeanne had fallen asleep on one side of him while Rider was asleep on the other side of him.

Y/n: "What the hell?"

He sat up groggily and looked around to see that he was still in his living room. Leonidas and Heracles were both asleep as well. Illya was snuggled up to Artoria, as was Mordred.

Serenity was the only one that was actually awake. Y/n looked over and saw that Emiya was getting rather comfortable with Rin. Saber Artoria stood outside with a stern expression.

Y/n stepped outside and felt the crisp air against his skin.

Y/n: "Something the matter, Artoria?"

Saber: "Huh? Oh. It's just you."

Y/n: "Yup. Just me. What's with the stern face."

Saber: "I'm not sure...but I can feel something off."

Y/n looked at the skies and saw what looked like storm clouds gathering nearby.

Y/n: "Storm's comin' in. We should stay in the house for now. It's gonna get real wet real fast."

Saber nodded before following him into the house.

Meanwhile, in the centre of the storm clouds, a woman stood glaring down at the house.

???: "You chose her over me? I'll have to discipline you, master~"

The woman laughed as she walked away.

A few minutes later, everyone was awake and the house was rather lively. Haruna and Y/n both made breakfast for the others and after everyone had eaten, Y/n decided to ask Shirou about something.

Y/n: "Yo, Emiya. What kinda magecraft you use?"

Shirou: "Me? I use reinforcement. I trace the basic structure of an object and I strengthen it."

Y/n: "I see..."

Shirou then picked up a roll of newspaper.

Shirou: "It's like this. Trace, on!"

Y/n saw the circuits of magic going up the length of the paper roll. Shirou then asked Mordred to verify it's strengthening.

She sliced through that bitch easily, but it was definitely sturdier than before.

Y/n: "Right...I think I get it."

Y/n then grabbed a nearby box and tried it him himself. Gorgon took him through the basic steps and he was able to get it to steel strength on the first try.

Gorgon: "Shirou. Your magic also allows you to project things. For example, maybe Archers blades."

Shirou: "Archers blades?"

Y/n: "So I can make a fuckin' Minigun?"

Gorgon: "With practice, possibly. Your limitless origin doesn't pin you down to one specific niche of magecraft."

Y/n: "Thank fuck. I hate being pinned."

Gorgon got a flashback to the operating table and her expression saddened.

Gorgon: "I can Imagine..."

Y/n: "Hm? You good, Gorgon?"

Gorgon: "Yes. I'm going for a walk if that's alright."

Y/n: "Sure thing. Make sure you get back before that storm hits."

Artoria: "Storm!?"

Y/n jumped in surprise as Artoria got to her feet.