2

The next day, Chaeyeon waited very anxiously. Namjoon had not told her when he wanted to hang out today. The girls had been practicing for a few hours, now taking a small break on the floor, when there was a silhouette through the frosted glass door. "Who's that?" Onda asked quietly and she got her answer when the door opened and there stood Namjoon. Before any of the younger members could ask why he was there, he turned to Chaeyeon with a small smile. "Are you free now?" Chaeyeon glanced at her leader who gave her an encouraging nod. She got up from the floor and hurried to grab her hoodie and phone as she followed the tall man out of the room shyly.

The anxious pair walk towards the elevator, their hands constantly brushing against each other's. As they get onto the elevator Namjoon finally grabs Chaeyeon's hand and links their fingers together. She is left very flustered with her cheeks becoming redder by the second. Namjoon notices this and, with a small smile on his face. turns more towards her to start a conversation.

"How has practice been today?" He asks in a quiet tone, watching as she leans back against the wall. Chaeyeon glances at him thoughtfully, "good, they want us to start learning a new choreography later. Were hoping its for our debut song," her response is given with an excited smile. "That's great, I'm sure you'll debut soon," he tells her like he knows something she doesn't. When she gives him a confused look he just winks in her direction and Chaeyeon's heart begins to race again.

The two walk into the little cafe on the ground floor of the company and look for a table. "What would you like?" Namjoon asks Chaeyeon so she turns towards the menu before choosing a Mocha. Namjoon nods and gestures to a booth in the corner. The girl scurries over to claim it before anyone else does.

When Namjoon returns he drops his bag on the table and sits across from Chaeyeon. The two fall into a comfortable conversation about how their mornings had been. It's weird for Chaeyeon because she barely knows anything about Namjoon but, the soulmate bond makes it feel as if they've known each other for years.

"Are you currently working on anything new?" Chaeyeon questions, she wraps her hands around her warm coffee cup as a cold breeze blows in from the doorway. Namjoon nods thoughtfully before responding, "we have a new album coming out in Feb" he tells the girl who is now grinning. "That's so exciting! When are you announcing it?" She asks him, her curiosity has her leaning forward across the table, very invested in his answer. "Not for a while" he shrugs. "So it's a secret?" She whispers, and he smiles at how cute she looks leaning forward, full of curiosity. He nods his head 'yes' and flinches slightly when she lets out a huge gasp. "I hate keeping such exciting secrets" she pouts.

Before Namjoon can respond Chaeyeon's phone pings on the table. She glances over to see her brother's contact flash on the screen but doesn't move to check the message. Namjoon nods at her phone, gesturing that she can check it so she opens the chat to read her new message.

Johnny Boi

I have news!

what is it

im busy

Bitch. Well I can finally tell you about my new comeback because they've already released the teaser photos

ayyy congrats bro

we should celebrate

Dinner at the dorm tonight?

sure

see you after practice

"Sorry, that was my brother, he had some news he wanted to share," Chaeyeon smiles over at Namjoon after putting her phone down again. He hums before responding, "are you two close?" Chaeyeon immediately nods her head, "very, he's my best friend. We've been through a lot together."