1

Yeonjun waited patiently while third in line at his usual coffee shop a few blocks away from his apartment. He studied the endless variety of options on the menu above the baristas, scolding himself as his thoughts wandered away from and back to his usual everyday drink. What's the point of getting the same drink over and over again? I have to try something new for once, he thought. He bit his lip nervously as he moved up to the second place in line, getting closer but still having no idea what to get. He put both of his hands on his hips and began to twist his torso around in further contemplation. Maybe I should-

Clack!

He stopped suddenly and turned around to see a much taller man frozen with his lips puckered as he mouthed an "o". Yeonjun looked down at the floor of the coffee shop and realized the sound had come from him mindlessly knocking the man's glasses out of his hands with his elbow as he swayed.

"I am so sorry!" he gasped out as he scurried to retrieve the pair of glasses. He picked them up and brought them back up to the owner. He realized how embarrassing he sounded and quickly changed the tone of his voice to a deeper one. "I, uh, really am so sorry. I didn't mean to.."

His voice slowly trailed off as he saw the owner of the pair giggling. His smile had widened, revealing his bunny-like teeth, and his flushed cheeks had pushed up his puffy under-eyes. Cute, Yeonjun thought.

The taller man stifled his giggles and reached out to grab his pair of glasses. "It's okay. Really! no need to apologize." His smile was still on his face as he inspected the pair for damage.

"Are you sure?" Yeonjun asked. "I could pay for any damage."

The man shook his head. "No, that's not necessary. See!" He put the pair of thin, gold-rimmed glasses on. "No scratches and still straight," he said with a smile. Yeonjun paused and his eyes fixated him. He's even cuter with the glasses on..

His trance was interrupted by the barista calling for the next person in line and beckoning towards him. Yeonjun turned back to the taller man and motioned for him to step forward.

"I insist," he said. Outwardly, his insistence seemed normal and fair considering the accident he had just caused. However, inside, Yeonjun felt tense. He usually didn't care for apologies, or at least sincere ones. But he strangely found himself being sincere this time. He genuinely felt bad about his blunder. Embarrassed mostly. The taller one hesitated but then nodded at Yeonjun before walking up to the counter.

At this point, Yeonjun was able to look at the man from his spot behind him. He had layered, black hair tousled on his head and he was dressed in a plain white shirt with loose plaid bottoms that been slightly rolled up his ankle. His white shirt was partially tucked in at the front and the white shade matched the simplicity of his white sneakers. He also saw the flash of a thin, golden chain on the back of his neck that was partially obstructed by his shirt. His eyes went back down to his plaid bottoms though. They were loose and yet they seemed to accentuate some places very well. Yeonjun's tongue unconsciously swiped over his top lip and he lightly shook his head as he caught himself. He had completely zoned out all the noise around him until the man's voice cut through his thoughts.

"Soobin. Okay, thank you," the man in front said to the barista.

Yeonjun cocked up his brow. Pretty name for a pretty boy. Suddenly Soobin turned around to him and spoke.

"I'd recommend the roasted chestnut iced coffee. It's one of the best drinks here." And with that, he drew a small smile and nodded his head at Yeonjun before walking away. Yeonjun nodded his head back and stepped up to order Soobin's recommendation. It won't hurt to try, he thought as the barista took his order.