21

Beomgyu's head was in a rush.

After making up with his best friend and speaking to him after so many weeks apart, he was elated, and his mood had shot up right after he had left to pick Taehyun up.

His excitement had gotten to him, and he had even been more touchy with Taehyun since the beginning of the night. Taehyun would notice how Beomgyu would place his hand on his lower back with ease as they walked, something that Taehyun quickly grew comfortable with. Even as they crossed the street, Beomgyu would hold his hand to make sure they crossed safely, all while the raven-haired man laughed and joked.

Taehyun thought that perhaps he was being touchy on purpose and trying to diffuse the awkwardness with jokes, or that perhaps Beomgyu was just generally more hyper than usual and and hadn't realized how much he was all over him. Either way, Taehyun wasn't complaining, and any anxieties he had before the 'date' started had long disappeared thanks to Beomgyu's forwardness.

The restaurant of their choice was a casual eatery, nothing too fancy for a night out in the city. They weren't many people seated around them in the outside area, and the only people coming remotely close to them were the pedestrians occasionally walking up and down the street. There were string lights hanging above them along with some greenery, and although the night was a little cold, the atmosphere managed to make it cozy for the two. The setting overall was perfect for a 'date.'

Even as time went on and even as they talked about the most random yet fascinating things while waiting for their food to arrive, Taehyun couldn't help but speculate the reason for the sudden glow to his face. His elevated energy remained a mystery to Taehyun who hadn't seen Beomgyu so elated in a long time.

"Are you okay?" Taehyun asked after their previous conversation had come to an end. Beomgyu chuckled in response.

"I'm great, Tyun," he replied curiously. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know. You just seem like you're in a better mood compared to how you've recently been," Taehyun stated while eyeing his company seated next to him.

"Oh yeah, well you know how Soobin and I haven't spoken to each other in a while?" he asked, to which Taehyun nodded. He never knew the exact details as to why they had fought, but he knew they weren't on good terms in general. "He came over right before I came to get you and we made up!"

"Oh shit, I'm so happy for you Beom!" Taehyun exclaimed with a big smile. After seeing how his crush had been struggling for a while, Taehyun was glad that things would soon be back to normal and that he'd be able to see the old Beomgyu again.

"Thanks, I just... sorry I can't really believe it honestly," Beomgyu said with a small laugh as he looked down at the empty table. "The night just began, and I already know it's going to get even better."

"You seem really hopeful about that," Taehyun lightly teased.

"Well yeah. I'm here with you aren't I?" Beomgyu said with a smile as he draped his arm around the back of Taehyun's chair. "We've had a lot of fun with each other lately, and we're even having fun now, so who's to say tonight won't be just as great?"

Taehyun felt quite flustered over this response, and he felt his brain malfunction before he responded.

"Well how do you know I don't secretly hate being here with you right now?" Taehyun asked, but as soon as this failed attempt at flirting slipped out of his mouth, he felt the urge to want to fling himself into oncoming traffic.

Can you get any fucking worse at being flirtatious... Taehyun cursed at himself.

His response thankfully didn't get the bad reaction he had expected, and he saw Beomgyu raise his brow and give him a smirk.