10

~3 weeks later~

Soobin was on call to work another one of his grueling shifts at his hospital. Overall, Soobin worked little days during the week, but when he did, the shifts were consecutive and they all consisted of several hours working nonstop. Because of this, during these days the two would rarely talk, only ever speaking on the phone for a while at night after Soobin's shift before the taller knocked out from exhaustion. This made Yeonjun miss Soobin very much, seeing as Yeonjun thrived off of affection from him.

On this day, there had been no exception, and Soobin hadn't messaged Yeonjun throughout his shift. Yeonjun knew Soobin had things to do, and yet he couldn't help but check his phone for any notifications from him throughout the day hoping that maybe Soobin had sent him a short message. He didn't get one, as expected.

He had gone home from the studio that evening, still missing Soobin very much, and waiting impatiently for him to get off of his shift so that he could talk to him on the phone. Yeonjun had tried to distract himself by trying a new baking recipe, by playing some video games, and cleaning his apartment, but Soobin was still on his mind.

He had seen the clock and realized that it was way past the time Soobin would normally get off his shift, and he became worried that Soobin had gone home and accidentally fallen asleep without calling him on the phone as he usually did.

Now, Yeonjun was on his couch watching a scary movie that he had seen many times before, and even though he was watching it in the dark, he wasn't all that afraid of what was occurring on the screen. He was still preoccupied with the thought of missing his other half. However, he did slightly jolt up when he heard his phone suddenly ring. He quickly grabbed it and checked to see who it was, expecting it to be Soobin, but he was disappointed to see that the screen read 'No Caller ID.' He rolled his eyes at this inconvenience but still chose to pick up the call before placing the phone over his ear.

"Hello?" he said into the phone annoyingly as he paused his movie. He heard nothing on the other end of the line so he called out again. Still, no answer. He listened closer and realized the only sound coming through was that of light breathing. Someone was on the other end of the line listening back and not saying anything.

"Soobin? Is this you?" he asked. Still just the light breathing. Now Yeonjun was getting extremely weirded out.

"Is this Choi Yeonjun?"

Yeonjun's heart dropped. He recognized that voice and that exact line that he had heard a few weeks prior at the studio. It was the same woman calling him again, except this time it wasn't on the studio's phone. It was on his personal phone.

"Who the fuck is this?" Yeonjun said firmly as he stood up from the couch, now feeling very threatened. The only response he received was that of a click. The line was dead. He looked at his phone in disbelief, shaken by the fact that this person, whoever it was, now knew his cell phone number.

Yeonjun quickly moved across the room to turn on the lights, but before he could he heard a loud knock on his door. He jumped and stared at his apartment door. He stayed quiet for a few painstaking seconds and made sure to not make a single noise. Then he heard a second knock. This time he looked around to find a weapon, but before he could settle on one he heard a familiar voice call out.

"Junnie, please open the door," Soobin called from the other side. Yeonjun felt himself take a deep breath as he let himself lean against the wall before turning on the lights and rushing to the door. He opened it, feeling a sense of relief as Soobin leaned in to hug him, still in his scrubs from work.

"Surprise," Soobin said with a tired smile, completely drained of energy from his shift. "I thought I should spend the night here instead of going home since I haven't seen you in a few days, babe."