9

Yeonjun walked around his studio, lingering around each practice room assessing all the classes and all the rehearsals that were currently going on. It was part of his job as a business owner to see how well his instructors were filling their roles and also part of his job as a dance instructor himself to help out any students he saw struggling or not executing a move correctly.

He felt very pleased walking out of one particular room where Beomgyu was perfecting a dance routine outside of class time with a few other students. Yeonjun had always been impressed by the younger's skills, and he wasn't surprised to see that Beomgyu was the one leading his fellow classmates and making sure they were hitting all the beats.

Now, pleased with his assessment of the day, Yeonjun leisurely made his way back to the lobby where Taehyun was sitting at his desk and talking on the phone.

"Of course ma'am. Absolutely," Taehyun said into the phone with a voice that Yeonjun knew all too well was fake.

"Thank you for calling. Have a good day," he said before hanging up.

"Bitch," Taehyun muttered in his usual tone as he set the phone down, customer service voice now completely gone. Yeonjun chortled at his lightning-fast change in demeanor as he leaned on the desk.

"What was that about?" he asked, causing Taehyun to groan in annoyance.

"Just some lady complaining about how she won't bring her kid back for classes because the choreography is too hard. Like, ma'am, it's not my fault your kid can't dance to save his life in a beginner class. But of course, let your frustration out on the receptionist. The receptionist. Because it's obviously my fault," Taehyun ranted, causing Yeonjun to snicker.

"You know, I made the right choice of hiring you, Taehyun," Yeonjun said with a smile. "It's entertaining hearing you talk shit. And watching you force yourself to be amicable to customers, especially ones like her, brings me so much joy."

"Hilarious," Taehyun said in a bland tone. "I'm glad I entertain you as much as you entertain me."

"I'm entertaining? Aw, that's nice of you to say," Yeonjun said as he grinned, completely unaware of what Taehyun was actually alluding to.

"Of course you are. You never fail to amuse me every time I watch the security footage."

Taehyun saw Yeonjun's brows scrunch up in confusion, and he chuckled lightly under his breath at how Yeonjun still hadn't understood what he was getting at.

"What are you talking about?" Yeonjun asked curiously. Taehyun leaned back in his chair and rolled his eyes.

"You do remember that your security system sends a notification to my computer when there's activity caught on the cameras in the building after closing time... right?" Taehyun asked as he watched Yeonjun's expression fall.

Now Yeonjun got it, and Taehyun couldn't help but victoriously smile.

"I saw the notification this morning when I sat down. I know it's you most of the time that's here after hours practicing alone, but I decided to watch the footage this time to be sure. You bringing someone over here past closing time for your 'business' is pretty typical of you so I was disgusted as usual, but not surprised," Taehyun teased as he took a sip of his coffee. "However, I was surprised by who you brought. Honestly, this was much more exciting than the k-drama I'm currently watching."

Taehyun took a moment to tauntingly look Yeonjun up and down before looking away.

"Beomgyu's friend, right?" he asked as he sipped his coffee again. "I'm pretty sure his name was Soobin. Didn't know you were messing around with him."