20

After receiving Soobin's text, Yeonjun had immediately ran down his apartment, jumped into his car, and broken a few traffic laws on the way to see him. Luckily for him, he didn't get stopped and he also didn't get into an accident. It was definitely irresponsible of him but he wanted to see Soobin badly.

After a quick drive, he and his car made it in one piece to the park Soobin had spoken about before he left his car in the parking lot and made his way up the hill where the hidden spot was located. It was quite a ways up but he rushed it and made it to the top rather quickly. It took him a minute to remember how to get to the boulder Soobin was at, seeing that it was deeper into the trees and off the main path, but once he remembered he was able to make his way through the shrubbery easily.

Soobin, sitting anxiously on the boulder, had heard him rustling through the leaves, and he turned back just in time to see Yeonjun step up to his favorite spot.

"Hey," Soobin said nervously with a small smile.

"Hey," Yeonjun replied before climbing up the boulder with a grunt. Soobin lent his hand out for him to grab, and Yeonjun did just that as he pulled himself onto the spot next to him.

"Thanks for coming," Soobin said to him softly as Yeonjun situated himself. "I honestly didn't think you would."

"Of course I'd come," Yeonjun replied simply before going silent.

He didn't exactly know how to start the conversation, even though he had a million things he wanted to say. Soobin was just the same, so they both sat next to each other uncomfortably for a while as they watched the city lights in the distance start to become brighter as the sun's light began to cease.

"I hate you," Yeonjun said out of the blue.

"What?" Soobin said as his neck snapped to the right to look at him.

"I'm kidding," Yeonjun said calmly. "I just needed to start the conversation."

"Oh... you don't joke about that kind of stuff Jun..." Soobin said as he turned back to the scenery.

"I know," Yeonjun said as he sighed. "But I really want to hate you."

Soobin nodded silently.

"I know you didn't go out to run errands in the morning," Yeonjun stated.

"How did you-"

"Believe me, I know you Soobin. You've never lied to me before. I can tell when you're doing it," Yeonjun explained.

Soobin nodded again, but he found himself feeling even more guilty as Yeonjun said this. Because deep down, he knew that it wasn't true.

"I... That's not true," Soobin said shamefully, causing a look of confusion to spread over Yeonjun's face.

"What are you saying?" Yeonjun asked worriedly.

"I'm saying I've lied to you before. Once," Soobin specified.

This took Yeonjun back. He was sure Soobin had never done that to him, and in that moment he felt betrayed. However, that feeling didn't last long when he remembered how he had also lied to Soobin once before. Now he just felt like a hypocrite.

He hadn't realized that he had gone silent while in contemplation, and Soobin worriedly looked to him to see if he was alright.

"Jun?"

Yeonjun snapped out of his thoughts and looked down.

"Sorry... um... fuck," Yeonjun said as he ran his hands through his hair.

Lay everything out on the table or you'll self-destruct soon. That's what Beomgyu said, Yeonjun reminded himself.

"Soobin I just want to be honest with you. I feel like that's holding us back in a way. I want you to be completely honest with me too. That's why we're going lay everything out, alright? Everything. Because I think we need a clean slate."