8

Soobin stepped through the entrance of his apartment complex, half waddling and wincing every now and then at how much his body hurt. Usually he would take the stairs up to his apartment, which wasn't too far up in the building, but today he made a face of disgust at the sight of the staircase. He clicked the elevator button and waited his turn before he stepped into it, feeling grateful that he could rest on the rails on the elevator walls.

He had just gotten off of his grueling shift at the hospital, which most of the time he could push through with an extra few cups of coffee and willpower, but today neither of those things helped in getting him through it.

Soobin was much more exhausted than usual when he woke up before dawn to leave Yeonjun's apartment earlier in the day. Not only that, but he was in quite a bit of pain. Sure, he'd had mindblowing sex the night before, but he hadn't realized the consequences of pleading Yeonjun to go rougher on him when it was happening. That's why when he had sat up slowly in Yeonjun's bed in the morning trying to be quiet so as not to wake him up, Soobin had to cover his mouth to silence his winces of pain. His bottom was most affected, but his thighs also felt like they were on fire. He had struggled to put on his pants without making a noise but that had proved to be a failure when he heard Yeonjun mumble and stir awake behind him.

Soobin had quickly leaned over, still holding in his whimpers, and shushed Yeonjun back to sleep, reassuring him that he was only leaving for his shift. Yeonjun, with his eyes nearly closed shut and still half asleep groggily had hummed back a response before resting his head back on the pillow. And with that, Soobin went to grab the rest of his clothes to leave.

He had contemplated against doing this, but he ultimately decided to go forward with it, so before he left he had made sure to lay a kiss on Yeonjun's forehead. He was nervous about doing this but seeing how Yeonjun reacted by smiling in his sleep and adorably mumbling incoherencies made Soobin feel a lot better about it and he had to restrain himself from doing it again.

The rest of his day after that had been pretty miserable. He had spent his shift limping through the hospital hallways attending to patients, some who kept incessantly calling him to their room for trivial matters. Usually, that wouldn't have bothered him so much but today he could barely tolerate the back and forth walking. He had gotten a few glances and stares from his coworkers throughout the day. Some knew exactly the reason why he was waddling and wincing every now and then, but there were still some innocent ones who had asked if he was feeling okay or if he had hurt his leg.

Now, the only thing that Soobin wanted to do was lie down and sleep, and as soon as the elevator doors opened he pushed himself off of the elevator rail and made his way to his apartment, quickly fumbling to unlock his door. He stepped in and did his best to speedwalk to his bed before sinking into the mattress facedown. He sighed as he let all the stress and pain momentarily leave his body and pulled the covers over himself. He was too tired to even change out of his scrubs so he closed his eyes to try and fall asleep. As he waited patiently for his body to slip into a nap, he began to remember the night before.

Sex with Yeonjun was... insane. To say the least. Soobin had never felt so desperately needy before with any of his past relationships. Sex was great with them, but it wasn't the type of sex that would have him begging for mercy. He'd barely had any time to properly recount these events in his head throughout the day because of his work tasks and the constant complaining in his head over his pain. Now, though, he had time to think about it. However, his mind completely skipped over the memories of them having sex and instead skipped over to memories of them after they had finished when Yeonjun pulled him into the bathroom.

Soobin remembered how Yeonjun had turned on the shower and was checking the water temperature when he started to feel a little self-conscious. Sure, Yeonjun had obviously seen him naked already, but this felt different for Soobin. They weren't in the middle of sex anymore. Standing there as bare as ever made Soobin feel vulnerable, and Yeonjun noticed this when he turned around and saw Soobin shyly covering his chest with his arms as if that actually did anything at all. As soon as he saw this, Yeonjun pulled Soobin to him and laid a long, gentle kiss on Soobin's lips, letting one hand rest on the small of his back and the other on his cheek. Soobin was surprised by how delicate Yeonjun was being with him after what had just occurred, and he felt his heart turn to mush as they kissed sweetly.