4

"I think you seriously told him something," Taehyun scowled at Yeonjun. Yeonjun leaned on Taehyun's desk while eating his chips and rolled his eyes.

"Taehyun. For the last time, I didn't tell Beomgyu anything!" Yeonjun contested. "He addressed you by name yesterday and he did it again today when he came in to practice. So what? It's not as big of a deal as you're making it seem."

"I don't believe you," Taehyun replied, extremely annoyed at his boss. Yeonjun threw his hands up in defeat.

"I said I'd tell him you said hi as a joke, for fuck's sake. No offense Taehyun, but your name holds no relevance in my conversations with Beomgyu. The topic of your existence is in fact nonexistent."

At this, Taehyun gave him a death glare but Yeonjun simply shrugged his shoulders.

"What can I say? It's the truth," he stated, munching on his last chip. He motioned to Taehyun's pink sorbet hair. "Maybe it was your new hair color. After all, it was the first time he'd seen you with it when he came in yesterday with Soobin to film his routine."

Taehyun raised his brows at this and his facial expression softened.

"Do you think so?" he asked, now shyly tucking a strand of hair behind his ear. Yeonjun nodded.

"It's the safest bet. I mean, he never paid attention to you before you dyed it that orange-pink color, which by the way looks really good with your skin tone. I didn't tell you this before but I'm saying it now," Yeonjun replied. Taehyun gave him a small smile and a nod of thanks. "Although I wouldn't obsess over it too much. He gave you the bare minimum of attention. I don't think it's time to act like he's planning a proposal just yet."

Taehyun rolled his eyes and mumbled, "And now you've ruined such a lovely moment."

Yeonjun chuckled, saying, "You know, you should start being a lot nicer to me. I'm your boss after all."

This garnered Yeonjun a blank, bored stare from Taehyun before the receptionist looked away and mumbled, "Whatever."

Yeonjun chuckled, ready to walk away before the phone rang and Taehyun picked it up, giving a professional greeting to the voice on the phone. Yeonjun saw Taehyun's brows rise before he looked to him.

"He's right here. Sure, I'll pass it along," Taehyun said before handing the phone to his boss. Yeonjun grabbed the phone and put it to his ear.

"Yeonjun speaking. How can I help you?"

"Hey! It's Soobin," the voice on the line said. Yeonjun's eyes went wide and he turned to Taehyun who was now bewildered by his reaction. Yeonjun desperately motioned for Taehyun to leave to which Taehyun whispered, "Why?"

"Go or I'll tell Beomgyu you're in love with him," he whispered back, covering the phone so that Soobin wouldn't hear.

"I'm not in- ugh!" Taehyun whispered before stomping off. Yeonjun quickly brought the phone up to his ear again.

"Hello?" Soobin asked.

"Sorry about that. Um, what's up?" Yeonjun asked. He was very nervous about the call considering the two had just agreed to be friends the day before, a pact Yeonjun didn't particularly like but would have to deal with for Soobin's sake.

"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today. If you're free, of course," Soobin said. Yeonjun eyed the clock, perfectly aware that he had to be back at the studio later to instruct a class. He was also perfectly aware that this was a chance to spend time with Soobin that he did not want to pass up.

"I have to be back at the studio by 3 if that's okay with you."

"That's perfect! 3 hours is more than enough time. Sorry about calling you on here by the way. I completely forgot to ask for your phone number yesterday," Soobin replied.