2

The next time Yeonjun saw Soobin it was at a bar.

Already slightly buzzed from the pre-game drinks he had before leaving his apartment, Yeonjun had walked in and froze upon seeing a familiar face near the back of the bar. As aforementioned, Yeonjun was bad with remembering faces. But this one... this face was different. It was the same tall raven-haired man from the coffee shop. Despite having arrived at the coffee shop an hour earlier than usual during the week in hopes of seeing Soobin again, Yeonjun hadn't seen him once since their first meeting.

Soobin had, in fact, kept his promise to himself. He started going to a different coffee shop in the morning before his shifts but still visited the one he had met Yeonjun in after his shifts in the evenings. Soobin was sure that he wouldn't see Yeonjun there in the evening considering that Yeonjun admitted to visiting in the mornings. As Soobin would sit by himself at the coffee shop table sipping his drink after each shift, he often wished in the back of his mind that the charismatic blue-haired man would walk in. It never happened though, and Soobin would return home empty-handed.

This time Yeonjun was sure that he was going to get what he wanted. The bar was a familiar setting for him, and he felt tonight was going to be victorious for him. He was finally going to bring this man home with him. Yeonjun started walking towards Soobin, and as he did he saw that under his coat Soobin was still wearing his all-black scrub uniform from his shift. Something about the monochromatic uniformed look on Soobin left Yeonjun with a growing desire for him so he quickened his pace and sat on the stool next to him.

"So we meet again," Yeonjun said with a smile. Now up close Yeonjun noticed Soobin's eyebrows were furrowed together. "Is something the matter?"

Soobin shook his head, chuckling under his breath and rubbing his eyes. If he hadn't been slightly buzzed he probably would've gotten very nervous about running into Yeonjun again, the person he'd been so desperately trying to avoid for days. But now he simply addressed him easily and without any anxieties.

"Work things. You think I'd be used to the disrespect I get from some hospital patients. I've somewhat adapted to it, but today's disrespect from a certain patient was accompanied by getting my face spat on as well."

Soobin said this nonchalantly while sipping his drink. He'd gotten over the whole incident after taking a few drinks, so he wasn't as affected by it anymore. However, Yeonjun wasn't as nonchalant. Yeonjun's blood started to boil as Soobin said this and he started to ball his fists on his lap. Those people should be fucking sorry. How can someone be so rude to someone who's trying to help them?

Soobin noticed his reaction and reached for his fists. "Hey, it's alright," Soobin said as he caressed Yeonjun's hands. "It's part of the job."

Yeonjun's fists loosened as Soobin did this and he felt himself slowly cooling down, although he was still very ticked off.

"No. You didn't sign up for your career to get spat on. You don't deserve that at all. They must have been complete bottom-of-the-barrel scum to spit on someone who's just trying to help," Yeonjun seethed.

He hadn't realized that his hands weren't balled up anymore and that instead, they were holding Soobin's hands. Soobin's hands were cold from holding his freezing drink, but Yeonjun started to feel them warm up in his.

Soobin chuckled and removed one of his hands from Yeonjun's to reach for his drink.

"You know, it's not funny Soobin," Yeonjun muttered under his breath now rubbing over Soobin's knuckles with his thumbs. It wasn't, but Soobin was laughing for a different reason. He liked seeing Yeonjun exasperated and irritated.