2

"Peter?" Ben knocked on Peter's door. "You ready for your first day of school?"

"Coming Ben!" Peter called. He grabbed his bag, stuff some random things that he thinks he might need, and opened the door. "Hey Uncle Ben. I'm ready."

"Good. Let's go, yeah?" Ben smiled slightly.

"Have fun, Peter! I'm sorry I can't go with you today, but work is important because money is tight. See you later okay Peter?" May hugged Peter.

"Of course May. Have fun at work!" Peter forced a small smile.

Two years.

He's been there two years.

And yet he hasn't fully gotten into Peter Parker's role.

No, half the time, he was still as cold as The Winter Spider was trained to be. But Peter was a good soldier, so he forces a smile every now and them. Sometimes, though, his smiles aren't fake.

"Come on Peter. We need to go." Ben was at the door, car keys in hand.

"Coming Ben." Peter followed Ben out.

Peter didn't know what to expect in Midtown. Its was technically his first day of school in the real world, so of course he didn't know.

"Ben? What's going to happen?"

Peter hoped that Ben mistook that as nervousness, which, Ben, of course did.

"It's going to be okay, Peter. You make friends and have fun, yeah?" Ben patted Peter's shoulder. "We're here. Go on, Peter."

Peter opened the car door and stepped out. "Bye Ben. See you later."
---
As said earlier, Peter doesn't know what to expect. So as he stepped into the building, he wince.

He kinda wished that Ben told him about the noice. Then maybe he could have brought his special noise cancelling earbuds that he created himself. But, no, that did not happen, and now, Peter has to endure all the loud noises from school.

"Hey Fatty!" Peter turned his head and saw this kid bullying another. As the bully was about to punch the kid, something overcame Peter. Without thinking, he ran forward and sort of blocked the punch.

That angered the bully. "Who are you, huh? Nee kid, listen up, I do whatever I want here, and you won't stop me. Got it?"

"Who are you. Why are bullying this kid?" The words fell out of Peter's mouth without thinking. What was happening? He was supposed to be The Winter Spider, the cold-hearted assassin solider HYDRA created.

"And what gives you the right to know my name, huh? What's yours?"

"Peter. Peter Parker." Peter had no idea why he told him his name.

The bully laughed. "Pathetic. Pathetic Penis Parker. Like it?" He chuckled before leaving Peter and the other kid alone.

"Hey. Are you okay?" Peter turned to the boy.

"Yeah. I'm fine. I'm Ned Leeds."

"Peter Parker."

"Yeah I heard."

The two walked to class together in a slightly awkward silence before Ned broke it.

"So you're new here?"

"Yeah."

More awkward silence.

When they reached the door, Peter blurted out. "Can I sit with you during lunch?"

Ned looked like he was going to burst with happiness. "Of course Peter!" Ned grinned, causing Peter to do so too.

Peter definitely enjoyed his first day of school.

But he had cared for someone, he felt compassion within him.

What was happening?