16

"You wiped out the Avengers, how does that feel?" The voice of Leopold Fitz rang throughout the room.

Peter swallowed. He had never met The Doctor before, he wasn't too sure how to act.

"So?" Leopold hummed and faced the Spider. "You, my son, you fought, no killed, the Avengers. How do you feel? Powerful?"

Peter snapped. "Not your son, Doctor."

"Oh? Would you say you are the Widow's and Winter's child?"

"Never." Peter spat. "I would never be the son of traitors. I am the son of Hydra."

"Thus my son."

"No." Peter's voice was cold. "I was created by the Red Room and Hydra alliance. Madame B and Von Strucker. Not you, Doctor. Never you."

Leopold smiled, and faced Madame Hydra.

"I like him. Can we keep him? I want to train him." To Peter he said, "I like you. I'm training you, keeping you. You'll be my son, my ward, my successor. How's that?"

Peter was silent.

Well that was unexpected.

---

"How are you with Science and Technology, Peter?" Leo questioned the young man. Leo had of course heard of Peter's love but rather asked the question himself. 

"I love it." Peter replied, eyes shining as he began to talk about the one interest he never got to talk about. 

Leo smiled at Peter's enthusiasm. Despite being raised in a so-called terrorist group, Peter showed no signs of terror, instead, he talked and acted like as if he was at home. Which he is, Leo reminded himself. Leo turned to face Peter, and paused mid-walk. "Would you like a lab, my son?" 

Peter too, stopped. He stared at The Doctor with wide eyes. "A lab, Doctor? Whatever for?" 

Leo shrugged. "You have amazing ideas, Peter. I'll like you to work of them, maybe. You'll be yet another great asset to Hydra, and also maybe the face of the future." 

Peter began vibrating on the spot, something he always did whenever he was excited. "I would be honored, Doctor." 

Leo chuckled. "Leo is fine, Peter." 

Leo had obviously got a lab all ready for Peter way before he even popped the question. Thus, he led the unsuspecting teen along a corridor to the lab. 

"Here," Leo motioned at the door, "Your new lab." 

Peter gasped. "So fast?" 

"I had my eyes on you for a while, Spider. I figured this, among others, could be your reward." Just as the words left The Doctor's mouth, Madame Hydra came walking in, her heels clicking with every step. 

"Ophelia?" Leo was surprised to see her. "You said you were out for the day." 

"Leo, there-" Madame Hydra abruptly stopped when she saw Peter, and beckoned Leo closer. As they spoke in hushed voices, Peter approached the room. 

He pushed the unlocked door open, and stepped in. The room was dark, and Peter blinked his eyes rapidly to adjust to the darkness. He switched on the light, his mouth stretching into a huge grin upon seeing the multiple equipment in the lab. Yes! This is exactly everything I need, Peter thought, excitement coursing through his veins.

"Doctor, sir?" Peter turned around to face the Doctor, who had finished conversation with Madame Hydra. "Thank you so much." 

Leo immediately plastered a smile on his face. "Of course. Have fun Peter. I will be assured that you will come up with many ideas for Hydra's future." 

Peter nodded slowly, a sense of pride blooming in him. The Doctor trusts him now, a rare honor only few are worthy of. "Thank you, sir." Peter thanked again, bowing towards Leo. 

---

As Leo walked away from his ward, his smile disappeared and was replaced with a menacing glare. He inhaled sharply, letting out a string of curses under his breath. "Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid!" He muttered. Leo glanced up and noticed a familiar face. "Agent May," he called out, "Prepare Strike Team 1 for battle." 

For anyone who is confused, this entire story is set within the Framework. The Framework is a virtual world created in aos s4, and it was taken down afterwards (thank god). but now because plot- some evil guy recreated the plot and managed to continue the flow of time within the framework, this time each main aos character is also a piece of code. So Leo is still the head of hydra with ophelia, may is still hydra, simmons is dead whereas daisy is skye, coulson is still a teacher etc etc... i hope this isn't confusing