10

"You failed to eliminate the traitors."

"I was close."

"But the traitors realised that you were HYDRA even before you could have taken them down."

"I would have had them if you hadn't interrupt." I responded angrily.

"Your mission was to kill, not get Winter. We didn't need Winter."

"Winter is the best. I figured you would want him back." I muttered.

"No. Winter is the second-best. You are the best. And we can't afford to lose you."

"Will I go back to the field?"

"We will let the Avengers settle. Right now, the thing you need to focus on is improvement and training. There are some new recruits. Go."

"Yes sir."
---
"I can't believe it. HYDRA actually did it." Natasha murmured to Bucky after their encounter with Peter.

"Did what, exactly?" Tony asked.

"Peter's real name is Pytor, and he is mine and James's son."

~•~•~•

"Natalia. You know that everyone will be sterile it you want to pass. You, however, will be different. You will be carrying HYDRA's best super soldier. In you go, Natalia."

The young Russian stepped into the room Madam B asked her to, and gave her instructor a half-questioning look after seeing her former trainer in the room.

"Natalia, you know Winter, right? Well, he will be the Dad to HYDRA's super solider."

"Why?" The girl asked.

"The KGB made a deal with HYDRA. HYDRA has given us what we want, now we are to give HYDRA what they want. Go."

~•~•~•

"I never imagined." Natasha sighed. "We have to get him back. If Bucky can, then why not Peter too?"

"We'll get to it. For all we know, he could be brainwashed.

They tried. And tried.

Tried for a good 6 months.

Nothing.

Every time someone has some lead, or at least they think they have, they hit a dead end.

Tony had FRIDAY scan for Peter Parker, Pytor Romanoff-Barnes. But there was still nothing. 

"We can't give up. My Pytor has to still be around." Natasha told the others. In this 6 months, the team saw a drastic change in the spy. She didn't show up for team training, claiming she was unwell, but FRIDAY's camera says otherwise. 

Natasha was been more vulnerable then she ever had in her whole life. She didn't care that everyone saw her weak side. Truthfully, no one cared. All the team cared, was about helping their beloved Avenger, helping her find Pytor/Peter.