13

It was dark.

Combining his light weight and training from HYDRA, Peter barely made a sound as he snuck about the building.

"Peter? Are you lost? You have been walking in a circle for the past 10 minutes." The voice of a certain AI named FRIDAY echoed throughout the room.

Peter cursed under his breath. How could he forget FRIDAY of all things.

"I'm fine FRIDAY. I'm not lost, I'm just waiting." Peter responded. He glanced to the left and saw no one, to the right and still no one.

The hallway was empty.

Peter jumped up and landed on the ceiling quietly, and quickly opened the vent gate. He crawled in, and shut the grate behind him. He didn't want anyone to find him.

Although there was a 99% chance Clint was in the vents too.

Peter took a deep breath and allowed his eyes to slowly adjust to the darkness. That being done, he set of, crawling and shuffling through the vents.

Tony had designed the vents and certain areas to allow a grown adult to stand straight. Upon reaching one area, Peter stood up stretch. This high-ish ceiling in the vents had quite a stretch, so Peter settled for walking through the vents.

Pattering of feet caught Peter's attention, and the Spider-Kid froze. From what he could tell, it was Clint, and said archer was to be rounding the corner in 30s.

"Hey Peter! What cha doing in the vents?" Clint waved, approaching the kid and plopping onto one of the beanbags suited in the vents. For some reason yes there were beanbags.

"Hey Clint." Peter smiled tightly. "Just wandering about."

"Okay then." Clint let out a sigh and leaned back, head almost reaching the floor. "You do you. Just don't get lost. Don't wanna fish out another lost person from the vents." He mumbled the last sentence to himself, but Peter's super hearing caught it. He raised an eyebrow, which earned a shrug from the older man.

"Off you go kid." Clint waved him away.

"Right." Peter started his journey again and continued walking/occasionally crawling in the vents.

---

There he is. Peter thought, peeping through a vent grate to spy on two certain heroes. What do I do?

Hey guys! Thanks for checking in, I'm still a piece of garbage~

➸ Agent May