6

One week later, I received a message from Mr Stark.

The X-Avengers are pardoned, time for them to meet Spidey. ~TS

I smirked, before replying,

When do I meet them?

Today. ~TS

Okay, coming by soon.

I kept my phone and changed into my suit. Opening the window, I jumped up, let myself free-fall, and at the last minute, webbing myself up.

I continued to do that as I made my way upstate. Spotting a opened window at the higher levels, I swung in.

Surprisingly, I landed in the common room where Mr Stark and the X-Avengers were gathered

"Oh hi I'm Spider-Man." I waved.

"Hello Spider-Man. I am Steve Rogers, and I apologise for dropping that air bridge (?) on you." Steve offered a hand, which I took.

"Firm grip." The soldier commented.

"So, Spidey, are you going to tell us your identity?" Clint asked.

I started walking on the wall to the ceiling, before sitting down. "Maybe later."

"Pe- Spidey!" Tony exclaimed, horrified.

"Oh yeah. My name is Peter Parker. Nice to meet all of you!"

"Peter get down." Tony motioned for me to get off the ceiling. "I don't want your Spidey foot prints all over my clean ceiling."

"No can do, Mr Stark." I teased, easing into my Peter Parker persona.

"Oh you little piece of sh-"

"Language."

I chuckled. "Oh, the classic Language."

"Tony you told Spidey?" Steve asked incredulously.

"No, I didn't. Say, Peter. How you know that?"

I shrug. "Just do."

I spent the afternoon lounging in the Avengers common room, cracking jokes with Clint and Sam, annoying Mr Stark and all. Really, the Avengers were fun. But I have a mission, and I am loyal to HYDRA, so I must complete the mission.

"Peter, before you go, why don't you just give us a reveal?" Loki suggested.

"Sure." I replied. "Just don't freak out." I yanked my mask up (down?) and waited for their reaction.

"You're a kid." Steve stated plainly.

"No shit, Sherlock." I sassed back.

"Wait, a kid caught my punch?" The traitor asked in surprise.

"That I did. It's not that heavy anyway. Or maybe I'm quite strong."

"LET'S SEE IF THE MAN OF SPIDERS IS WORTHY." Thor boomed.

I laughed. "Probably not."

Of course not. I've killed plenty. But to my utmost surprise, I picked up the hammer.

In shock, I let the hammer fall to the ground with a small thud. Turning to face Thor, I asked, "What does a person need to pick up the hammer?"

"You must be willing to fight for the greater good, young one. You will grow into a fine young man one day."

Will I? I've killed many, how is that really the greater good?

Is it because I follow my orders?

Or what?

What made me worthy?