Chapter 6 : An invitation

(Narrative POV)

Prince Lucas had been in town since the piano competition started 2 weeks ago. He came here with 10 of his own guards from Fordvik. The whole time, he kept a low profile as to not attract any unwanted distractions. His accomodation was his own ship, docked at the harbour. His ship had a piano onboard, so he could practice as much as he needed to.

Lucas had spent the past 3 months polishing his skills. His effort was not put to waste though, as he had made it all the way to the finals, which will be held in 2 weeks time.

Ever since word got out that Arendelle was having a competition to select a new royal pianist, King Olsen made it his eldest son's top priority.

King Olsen was thirsty for more power. He hoped that by having Elsa marry his son, Arendelle and Fordvik could unite, and Elsa's powers could be used as a weapon for the expansion of the kingdom.

Lucas was determined to become Arendelle's Royal Pianist, so he could live within castle grounds. This would make it easier for him to finally win the heart of Queen Elsa.

His father wanted the plan to work perfectly this time. None of the previous attempts worked out. They had been trying for the past 2 years.

This time, Lucas was explicitly instructed by his dad to get rid of anyone who comes between him and Elsa.

_______________________________________________

It's 3 in the afternoon. The Queen accompanied by 2 guards, make their way down the main street. Today, Elsa was invited to give an opening speech for the graduation ceremony at Arendelle High School.

The school was nearby the city centre, so Elsa opted to walk there from the castle instead of the usual horse carriage. As she walked, many residents would come and greet her, as per usual. The guards were there to clear a path for the queen, and the group kept walking at a steady pace down the street.

In front of the bar, there was a gathering of children who eagerly wanted their queen's autograph. Seeing this, Elsa stopped and started giving autographs to the dozen or so kids there.

But as soon as she did, people started to gather around, and it became quite hectic.

Around the same time, Lucas disembarked his ship, intending to head to the bar to have a drink or two. He had been practicing for the past few hours and needed to clear his head.

He turned a corner, and walked down the main street. He couldn't help but notice a small crowd infront of the bar.

He got closer, and noticed that Elsa was there.

Seeing this as an opportunity to meet Elsa, Lucas quickly went and pushed some bystanders aside and barged in to the Queen's interaction with the children.

"My lady! It's an honour to meet you again. Remember me?", he said to the Queen.

"What do you want?", Elsa responded angrily.

"My dear Elsa, i know you missed me. I look forward to our dance at the gala", Lucas said in a seductive tone.

Elsa gestured at the guards to move him out of her sight.

The guards forcefully pushed Lucas away, which made him furious.

"OI! WATCH YOUR HANDS YOU PIECE OF-"

"WATCH YOUR MOUTH. YOU MESS WITH THE QUEEN, YOU MESS WITH US", one of the guards yelled back at him.

Lucas, fully aware that he was outnumbered, decided to head back to the ship to call for his own guards.