Chapter 14 : The Royal Gala

(Narrative POV)

It's a beautiful morning in the Kingdom of Arendelle, the sun has just risen, the skies are clear, and foreign ships from far and wide are arriving in the fjord. Each of these ships have atleast one special guest on board, who will be attending tonight's Annual Royal Gala. The harbour is busy as can be, as quite a number of Arendellian guards and even a few council members are there greeting the dignitaries as they disembark their vessels, most of them with their own personal guards.

Lucas wakes up in his quarters on board his ship, and takes a look at the clock on the bedside table. The time is 6:23. It's very rare for the prince to wake himself up this early on normal days, but today is far from a normal day. Today is the day Lucas and his father hope to finally unite Fordvik and Arendelle, once and for all.

He drags himself out of bed, changes into a pair of daytime casual wear, and heads to the pantry to make himself a warm cup of coffee. He then goes to the open air deck upstairs to take in some fresh air. He sees that the deck is unoccupied, which means all the guards are still asleep in the dormitory.

He leans against the balcony with the coffee in his hand, and marvels at the view of the city before him. The city is already bustling with activity this early in the day. He takes a deep breath of the cool, rejuvenating Arendellian morning air.

"Ahhhh" He exhales."Today's the day."

He takes a sip of his coffee, and after doing so, glances at the Obsidian Ring which is still on his finger. An enormous grin spreads across his face, and his eyes turn green.

"With your power, Elsa will be mine" He breathes

_______________________________________________

King Olsen slowly opens his eyes as he awakens in his bedroom onboard his ship. He can hear the sounds of people outside on the nearby jetty, as a foreign vessel had just docked beside his ship minutes ago. He glances over to the clock on the wall. It's 7:10.

The monarch slowly brings himself out of bed, and walks over to a small shrine he made in a corner of the room. He kneels in front of the shrine, closes his eyes, and recites a prayer.

The shrine consists of a small table, with a painting on it's middle,a bouquet of flowers on the right, and an urn of ashes on the left. The painting is a portrait of Olsen's late wife, Queen Sophia of Fordvik. The ashes in the urn are hers.

Sophia was the love of Olsen's life. She was attractive, smart, humble, and very loving. They met while studying in the same university almost fourty years ago. At the time, Olsen was a history major while Sophia was studying mathematics. They kept their relationship a secret until Olsen's coronation five years later, and they got married three months after that. They were blessed with two children; Prince Lucas and his younger sister Princess Emma. For Olsen, life was nothing short of perfect, as long as he had Queen Sophia by his side.

She died from a sudden illness eleven years ago, and Olsen has never been the same ever since. The once talkative and extroverted king turned into a timid person who would never talk to anyone unless spoken to, and even so his tone would usually be serious or melancholy. He also rarely makes any public appearances now, simply because it's never felt the same without his beloved Sophia. After her death, hundreds of women in the kingdom offered to be Olsen's consort, but he never accepted any of them. His heart only belonged to Sophia.

Olsen finishes reciting the prayer, and opens his eyes to look up at the portrait, allowing a tear to roll down his cheek.

"Oh love.. oh what I'd give to be with you again. To feel the warmth of your skin on mine again, to hear your sweet voice again, to hold you in my arms again. I miss you, my dear Sophia. I miss you so much, and life has never been the same without you. Please give me strength from the heavens, my love. Give me strength so i can face these hardships that have been brought upon me. Please, my love, give strength to our son, for he needs it now more than ever."