Chapter 20 : Bonus Chapter I

Three months after the Royal Gala:

"I would never get bored of this view."

"Me too, bud." Kristoff sighs. "Me too."

The both of us are perched on top of a large boulder near the peak of one of the snow-capped mountains that surround Arendelle.

As the royal pianist, I'm only working when there's a big event in town that involves music. Obviously, that doesn't happen very often, so instead of spending my time doing practically nothing in the castle for weeks on end, i decided to help Kristoff out with his ice delivery business. Once or twice a week, we would head out into the mountains to harvest ice.

After collecting the needed amount of ice from our usual spot, today we decided to take a half-hour detour to the east side of the mountain, which has one heck of a steep climb.

The effort it took to get here proved to be worth it, though. What a view!

I can see a huge portion of the entire fjord from up here. In the foreground is the forest that separates the fjord from the mountains. Oaken's Trading Post is somewhere in there.

Off in the distance is the place i call home, the great Kingdom of Arendelle. To say that this view is absolutely breathtaking, would be an understatement.

It's now early evening, so the sunlight is already a deep shade of orange. I'd love to sit here for hours just to properly take in the beautiful landscape before me, but unfortunately the days are getting shorter now. Next week will be the official start of Autumn, a season that I've never experienced before in my life.

Kristoff takes another sip of water from his flask, then gets up and stretches.

"Oh, boy!" He exclaims. "That was a good detour!"

"Sure was." I get up and stretch too. "Are we going now?"

Kristoff nods.

"Right." I turn back to the view. "Goodbye wonderful view! See ya next time!"

We both begin the steep descent down to where Sven and the wagon are. The ice has already been packed up and is ready for delivery. All we have to do is drop them off to their respective customers.

On the way down, Kristoff and I have a good chat. Nothing major, just a few laughs here and there. As we reach the foot of the mountain, i stop for a quick break and take a gulp of water from my own flask.

"Damn, that was awesome!" I say as i shove the flask back into my coat pocket.

"What, the view?" Kristoff queries.

"Yeah, the view!"

"Well, wait till you get to the North Mountain.." He looks off into the distance, gazing at a distinct snow capped peak standing taller than all the other mountains.

"Yeah, i bet the view there is even better.." I respond in a melancholy tone. "Can't wait for Elsa to take me there one of these days.."

I've always wanted to see the famous ice palace with my own two eyes ever since Elsa told me about it back when we were still getting to know each other. She promised to take me there one day. With nobody else, but just the two of us..

She's been really, and i mean really busy the past month, even more than usual. There's been some kind of conflict between Arendelle and another kingdom, and things have been quite hectic in the castle, to say the least.

I truly admire Elsa for being the dedicated and hardworking queen she is. Of course, my desire to visit the ice palace with her is miniscule compared to my wish for her to finally take a break from all the work that's been thrown at her the past few weeks. She deserves it.