Chapter 17 : The Sudden Storm

(Narrative POV)

Kristoff snaps out of his hypnotised state. He finds himself standing alone in the dark backstage area. He remembers everything that he experienced while being under Lucas's influence, and feels absolutely terrible for what he just did to Anna.

Although overwhelmed with guilt, he decides not to check on his girlfriend immediately. He understands that she needs time to calm down first before they could properly talk. Kristoff walks out of there and towards the drink corner. All he wants right now, is to try and forget what it felt like being under Lucas's influence.

"An ice cold beer should do..." He thinks to himself.

All of a sudden, the weather outside deteriorates rapidly. A raging snowstorm appears out of nowhere and rattles the castle's inner walls.

There is a large commotion in the ballroom now. The blizzard outside could be clearly seen through the ballroom's massive windows. Since the queen and princess are nowhere to be found, and even the council members are panicking, Kristoff decides to take charge and call for everyone to calm down. He rushes to the stage and stands at it's center.

"Please remain calm, everyone!" He announces loudly. "There is no need to panic, please!

The crowd quiets down a little bit.

A few moments later the storm outside suddenly vanishes, and another commotion breaks out, this time much louder than before. Although everyone present here is well aware of Elsa's ice powers, the overwhelming majority of them have never experienced it first-hand before. Kristoff decides that the next best course of action would be to order everyone to retire to their rooms for the night.

"EVERYBODY CALM DOWN!" He says, clearly with seriousness in his voice. "CALM. DOWN."

The crowd falls silent. Almost everyone has a scared look on their faces.

"Apologies for my tone." Kristoff says in a slightly calmer voice. "This is an emergency, so i suggest all guests return to their respective rooms immediately while the situation is being assesed."

Everyone, including Eugene and Rapunzel, start to slowly exit the ballroom through the main door and into the section of the castle designated for guests only, headed to their respective rooms.

_______________________________________________

A FEW MOMENTS EARLIER

Anna finally manages to calm down from her seemingly endless emotional breakdown. Her breathing returns to a regular pace, and she lies down on her bed, staring at the celling and thinking about what just happened.

Suddenly her train of thought is distracted by the sudden roar of thunder outside. The temperature drops instantly, and the windows burst open because of the wind.

"WAIT, WHAT!?" The princess exclaims.

Anna gets up from the bed and rushes to the window. What she sees outside makes her gasp in shock. There is a huge opaque cloud hovering above the castle garden and the surrounding area, and what looks to be a snowstorm beneath it. Anna knows that there could be only one reason why a mini snowstorm would suddenly appear in the middle of summer.

"ELSA!"

Anna rushes out the door and sprints down the hall as fast as her legs can take her. She runs down the stairs and through another hall towards one of the side doors that lead to the courtyard. The guards at the door are alarmed by the sudden sight of Princess Anna sprinting in their direction at full speed, and they both move to block the door with their bodies. Anna sees this and responds with a shout.