10

- JUNGKOOK POV -

- JUNGKOOK POV -

My eyes shoot open, my heart pounding, breaths uneven. I try to calm down as I turn to face y/n who is sleeping beside me, looking as angelic as ever with her left arm and leg draped over my body, her head on my chest, nuzzled into my neck. 

I immediately relax once I look at her. I remove a few lose strands of her hair, off her face and tuck them behind her ear so I have a better view of her face. With her lips parted slightly I take the opportunity to place mine on hers in a light kiss. 

She hums and shifts slightly, her lips starting to lightly kiss me back. Once I pull away I notice her eyes flutter open.

"Hey, are you okay?" She whispers. "I am now," I coo as I kiss her forehead. "You still worried about him?" She says as she strokes my cheek with her thumb. 

"I know he's safe now but I just still feel uneasy you know?" "Yeah and unfortunately it will take some time to get over it, but maybe you should go check on him, then you'll be able to sleep?" She suggests. "Good idea. I'll be right back," I smile before kissing her once again.

I slowly open the door to Jae's room and head over to his bed. He is sound asleep bless him, holding his toy bunny so tightly against his chest. 

"No...no...no," he mumbles, clearly having a bad dream, probably linked to what happened earlier today. I bend down to his level and caress his head, and kiss his forehead. 

He smiles in his sleep and snuggles into the pillow more, relaxing. I admire him for a few more seconds before heading back to y/n.

"Everything okay?" She asks as I hop back into bed and pull her body on top of mine. "Yeah, he's sleeping like a baby," I tell her. "Good," she says before burying her face in my neck, her soft breaths sending chills down my spine as she exhales. I hold her close to me and eventually fall asleep too.

- Y/N POV -

[EARLIER]

"Jungkook, where's Jae gone?" 

He immediately stands up and starts looking around, calling out for him but there's no sight of him. He looks at me worriedly and I run over to him. 

What if he went in the ocean? 

What if someone took him?

What if he's run away? 

"He can't of gone far, we'll find him," I try to remain positive as tears start building up in my eyes. "I'm such a bad dad, I can't even keep an eye on my son for five minutes," he sighs as he runs a hand through his hair.I cup his face and make him look at me. 

"Jungkook don't you dare say that again, you're an amazing dad okay. This is not your fault. He'll be around here somewhere." 

He intertwines his fingers with mine and we start walking around the beach together, showing everyone a picture of Jae on my phone and asking whether they'd seen him. But every time, they say no.