11

"Mum?!" I gasp in shock as my mother stands before me

"Mum?!" I gasp in shock as my mother stands before me. I hold onto Jae's hand tightly as he stares up at the woman, feeling scared by her intimidating eyes as she glares at him, he grips my hand tighter and hides behind me. 

"W-what are you doing here?" I ask, the nerves from not seeing her in years are clearly visible. But they weren't excited nerves, I didn't want to see her. 

"I had a meeting in the area this morning and was going to pop around to see you later but clearly you already have company," she gestures towards the small boy behind me. 

"Are you a childminder now?" 

"No Mum, this is Jaekuk...my son," I gulp as I introduce her to him. 

"Jae this is your grandma," I kneel down to his level and caress his cheek. He looks up at the woman and smiles shyly. 

"How old is he y/n?" She asks, sternly. 

"Four," I confirm, standing back up. 

"So that means he's not Jins'-" 

"No, he's not, but I am his mum and I love him as if he was," I cut her off before walking to the till to pay.

I pay for the banana milk and walk back to my apartment in silence. With the milk in my bag, I am able to pick Jae up due to him getting tired from the walk. My mum walks silently beside me as I decided to be polite and invite her round.

Plus she wants to meet Jae's father. Jae wraps his arms around my neck as I hold him tightly against my chest. I can hear his light snores against my ear and knew that he is asleep so I try to be as quiet as possible as I unlock the front door. 

I offer my mum a seat on the sofa whilst I go to put Jae into his bed. 

"I must say y/n, I'm very impressed with this place despite your small wage from that cafe," she says as she looks around. 

"Thanks," I shrug. 

"Can I get you a tea or coffee?" I offer as I take the bottles of banana milk out of my bag and put them in the fridge. 

"Oh no thank you," she replies and I nod and sit down beside her, leaving a fairly big gap between us both.

"So how have you and dad been?" I ask trying to make conversation. "Good," she says bluntly and I awkwardly smile and nod. 

Great conversation. 

I knew it was going to be awkward but I didn't think it would be this awkward. I could cut the tension with a knife. At that moment there's a rustling of keys coming from behind the front door. 

"Y/n Baby I'm ho— Oh hello," Jungkook bows respectively at my mum once he notices her on the sofa. 

"Hi Baby, I'd like you to meet my mum, and mum this is Jungkook, my boyfriend and Jae's father," I introduce them. Jungkook puts his bag down and walks over to me. He leans over and kisses me on the lips before sitting down next to me.