Chapter 11

Yang hit the training dummy again, hoping that the adrenaline would help take her mind off of what she had done. It didn't.

She had made a mistake. She got caught up in the moment and like an idiot let it get the better of her. She let her emotions do what they pleased and now here she was, suffering because of it.

The dummy bounced back up from the floor before being sent back down with her follow up hit, and so the cycle continued.

She wasn't certain how long she was there but the sun had fallen below the horizon at least an hour ago.

Yang thought back on her actions and felt another spike of anger directed at herself. She ran from Jaune in the moment, for what? What was there to be ashamed of? Neither of them were seeing anyone, they were both single, and yet it felt like she was doing something awful.

She had left him in just as much confusion as she had felt at the time. To top that off she had returned to the training room a couple hours later because she knew he would never think to look for her there.

She hated herself even more for the attempts at hiding, and yet she couldn't do the right thing.

"ARGH!" She hit the dummy again, this time launching it several feet back, before collapsing to her knees. "Why can't I just act like an adult."

The door to the training room swung open and Yang froze. She prayed that it wasn't who she feared it was, and it seemed someone had answered her prayers.

The familiar red and bronze color scheme leaving little room for questions.

Yang rose from her spot on the floor, dusting her hands off before moving to retrieve the dummy she had been taking her emotions out on.

The girl in the doorway didn't seem sure what to do, walking over the area Yang was in with hesitation. The look on Pyrrha's face could easily be described as complicated.

Yang moved the dummy back to its original location and resumed what she had been doing.

She wasn't sure how long they were there for, just sitting in relative silence. The only sound in the room being Yang's punches and heavy breaths.

Pyrrha did eventually speak however. "Will you at least tell me what happened?"

Something about her infliction on the word made Yang pause for a moment, only a moment though, before resuming her hitting. "Same thing as last time."

Yang couldn't see her face but she could tell the Pyrrha was confused by her voice. "What do you mean?"

"I messed it up... again." Yang emphasized her words with a punch and a pause.

"I don't understand, what happened?" Pyrrha's voice didn't sound demanding, nor did it sound forceful, and yet it succeeded in grinding on Yang's already frayed nerves.

"Ugh! I messed up, ok?!" Yang kicked the dummy, once again sending it flying, before turning on the only other person in the room. "If your partner didn't tell you what happened what made you think I would?!"

Pyrrha didn't seem frightened, or even surprised, she seemed worried. The complicated look from earlier giving way to concern. "Jaune has been looking for you all day, he's been worried sick." She paused for a moment, reluctant to go on, but after a moment she did. "He said he doesn't know what he did wrong, it all just happened so quickly... he neglected to mention what it was however."

Yang's breaths came out heavy, the slight rush of adrenaline she had managed to work up wearing off, as she felt drained. "I-I... Pyrrha, I..." Try as she might she couldn't say what she wanted. "I'm sorry, for snapping at you."