Chapter 20

Yang punched one of the terrorists through the wall before throwing his friend in after him. It had taken a long search but she had finally found the building that they most likely kept Jaune in. She had had to interrogate a couple terrorists but had gotten the information she wanted, or rather Blake had.

Maybe it was a terrorist thing but the only person they talked to was her. Granted it had only ever been after Yang had nearly pummeled them into the ground. It worked in the end however.

Yang followed her partner through the mess of rubble and broken buildings to the one that they were looking for. It wasn't really all that special, still being broken and dirty, but it seemed to have more equipment in it. It didn't take a massive jump in logic to conclude it some kind of importance. That only made it all the more likely Jaune was there.

The silence was a little concerning but she held out hope that the worst hadn't come to pass, refusing to acknowledge the threat and real possibility that she had lost him forever. She searched the building room by room, trying to find any signs of Jaune.

It was a door in the back that heralded results. The simple looking door was reinforced with some metal bars on the outside and was made of a sturdier material then the rest, It was also the only one that had been locked. Not that she would let the hardened steel slow her search.

Yang reared back and kicked it down, seeing the rather empty room behind it. Empty save for one chair and a man tied to it.

See held her breath for a moment in fear, before noticing the rise and fall of his shoulders and the way he craned his neck to try and look behind him.

He was alive. Relief washed over her at that fact alone but it took a moment for her body to finally calm down, allowing her to move. She rushed over to him, his eyes were wide as she untied him from the chair but there was a glint in them that Yang felt she could understand all too well.

Jaune was glad to see them, but there was something else in his eyes. A desperation that she couldn't understand, thankfully he was quick to explain as she uncovered his mouth.

"We have to stop the train!" He looked back towards Blake and the doorway. "I heard them talking, they're going to attack Vale!"

Her relief died in an instant. It seemed they couldn't have a break.

"We need to get on that train." Blake spoke quietly, eyeing both Jaune and her.

Yang let her eyes fall to Jaune. He was bruised and clearly tired and she wanted nothing more than to stay with him, if only to assure that he would be ok.

She turned to him. He smiled at her and nodded. "Go, I'll help out here."

It took Yang a moment to agree, even with the knowledge that Vale was in danger she didn't want to leave him here. Qrow would keep him safe though, not to mention his own team.

Yang cursed but followed Blake out of the building, running as fast as the two could manage. She would have to take some kind of solace in the satisfaction of beating the people who did this to him.

It took a few minutes for them to work their way back to the train tracks. The lack of White Fang was a worrying sign but one she refused to dwell on. They were gonna make it to the train in time because there was no acceptable alternative.

As they rounded the final corner they spotted Weiss and Ruby fighting near the train. Her eyes were drawn to a far more concerning fight off to the side however, where she saw the rest of team Juniper, Qrow and Winter fighting two Paladins.

Yang called out to her sister as they approached. Qrow seemed to notice the commotion as well, breaking off from the Paladin he and Winter had been fighting to see what was going on.