Chapter 32

The cheers of the crowd roared as they exited the Arena. They had done it, they'd won their first match! Yang felt the excitement run through her as the adrenaline slowly tapered off. She was sore and tired but relieved beyond belief.

She couldn't stop herself from smiling. Team RWBY had proven that they were in fact among the best, now all of Beacon would know. Her team were much the same, despite the fact that Blake and Weiss tried to hide it.

Blake actually had a smile on her face for once while Weiss was practically vibrating next to Ruby. Yang's sister was jumping and squealing.

"We won!" Ruby laughed. "I can't believe that we actually won! This is so awesome!" She reached over and pulled her partner into a hug.

"Ruby!" It was probably testament to just how happy she was that Weiss didn't try to pull away from her partner, at least, not as much as she normally would have.

Blake glared at her in a silent threat that, happy though she may be, she would not let Yang get away with that. A second later the glare slipped away and her smile returned.

The fight had been intense, though thankfully it wasn't as close as it could have been. Team RWBY had been ahead for most of the fight thanks to their better teamwork. That fact didn't stop them celebrating, nor the happiness they all felt.

"Now we have to decide who is going into the next round." Blake whispered to her, Ruby being told off by Weiss for such a public display of affection, she didn't miss that the Ice Queen wasn't as cold as usual.

"We can worry about that later. For now, we celebrate!" Yang howled. "Team RWBY is gonna win this thing!"

"Don't count us out just yet." A voice said from behind her. "We've still got a couple tricks up our sleeves."

"Pyrrha is hardly a trick up your sleeve." Yang turned around to see Jaune. He smiled back at her. Pyrrha blushed slightly, rubbing a hand against her neck.

"I'll have you know I am an excellent strategist."

"Throwing Pyrrha at them doesn't count as a strategy." Yang chuckled. "No matter how effective it is."

"I'm really not tha-"

"Lies! It's totally a strategy!" Nora followed after Jaune.

"We won!" Ren stepped back from his partner just in time for Ruby to slam into Nora with semblance enhanced speed, knocking them both onto the ground.

Jaune turned away, ignoring Nora's cries of treason and betrayal, and walking over to Yang.

"You did great out there, both the team and you." Jaune said. "You were amazing."

"Charmer," Yang smirked. "Are you trying to win me over for something?"

"That depends," He replied. "Is it working?"

Yang reached out and pulled him into a short kiss, ignoring the groans and complaints from their teams.

She pulled away a second later. "I think so."

"Ugh, get a room you two." Ruby smiled to show she was teasing, a fact that Yang didn't know whether she liked or not. She was glad Ruby felt comfortable enough to tease, that didn't mean she wanted to be the target. Retaliation would be the only way to break even.

"Preferably not ours." Weiss glared at them to show it wasn't a recommendation.

Weiss put herself in the line of fire.

"Don't worry," Yang's smile grew. "I wouldn't want to encroach on your alone time with Ruby."

Ruby turned beat red and shrunk back, Weiss stammered but was unable to speak for a second. Nora was laughing up a storm while Blake simply shook her head.