Chapter 26

Yang had expected a nice restaurant, if only because of how dressed up the two of them were, but she still found herself caught off guard when they stood outside the establishment looking in.

"Season 53" Yang read the small sign out loud. "This place... seems a little expensive."

"You'd be surprised." Jaune winced at her glare. "Ok the owner owes my dad a favour for saving his brother a few years ago, he recognised my name when I called and let us jump the line."

"That doesn't really change the price of the food though..." Yang winced and hoped he didn't think her shallow. She was more than willing to pay for her food but she wasn't sure if she would be able to. She regretted not bringing more lien, not that she had much more to bring in the first place.

"Oh don't worry about it, my treat." Jaune's easy smile said it didn't bother him and Yang allowed it. He had probably taken a look at the menu beforehand and knew it wouldn't be too bad. Still, Yang made a note to not get anything too expensive.

There was no ring of a bell or immediate greetings when they entered the door and they were made to wait in a short line to be led to their seat. It wasn't a long wait, though the time was enough for Yang to get a look at the other people inside.

She was hesitant to call them customers due to how well dressed they all were. They seemed deserving of another title all together, one that Weiss would probably have known but Yang was utterly lost for.

Everyone was dressed up in fine clothes, something that might have been expected, but these all appeared of a far higher quality than anything she had. Except the dress that she was currently wearing, courtesy of Weiss. She made a mental note to thank her for helping, as well as to come up with a financial plan to pay her back. It would likely take a couple instalments.

The waiter came back and got Jaune's name, checking it against a list, before leading them further into the restaurant. As they were taken towards the back however Yang couldn't help but notice the looks and glares from the other patrons.

A few men noticed her and made sure to trace their eyes over her, several of the women looking on with jealousy or anger as if it were her fault. Most were older, likely married, couples. Though a few tables were composed of groups talking amongst themselves.

A table full of men in expensive looking suits watched her as she walked by, or rather watched a part of her. Yang grit her teeth and tried to not focus on their eyes digging into her back. Jaune wrapped an arm around her and the lustful looks at her turned to glares at Jaune.

She wasn't sure if it was intentional or not, Jaune not seeming to notice, but either way it was oh so satisfying to watch their face's turn sour.

The table they were led to was somewhat out of the way, a fact Yang was thankful for, but as also next to a rather large window that gave a view of a garden area that seemed to surround the restaurant. It was a surprisingly diverse garden with a myriad of colours and strange looking flowers.

Small butterflies Yang had never seen before flew by the window, landing on the branch of a small tree.

It was beautiful and no doubt expensive to maintain. As the waiter set the menus down she opened it slowly, knowing that the prices would no doubt be inflated due to the view alone.

Yang felt the blood rush from her face as she saw the list. Something that sounded similar to a steak was easily double the price she would have seen elsewhere, something like fish was even worse. Hell, even the drinks were probably pricier than any club or bar she had ever been to, and these ones didn't even contain alcohol in them. She didn't dare bring herself to look at the desserts.