Behind Blue Eyes

Read when you are going through a hard time

Author: aprilclash
.
Summary: Baekhyun is, among many things, (blind and angry) in love with Chanyeol. Chanyeol is, among many things, (manipulative and persistent) in love with Baekhyun. It only takes them a few years to understand how a relationship works.
.
Rating: 10/10
.
Review:

So......

I just read a Chanbaek fanfic called 'Behind  blue eyes' and before I started reading it I was kind of sceptical about it, given that it deals with blindness and moreover baekyun is the blind one in this fic I didn't exactly know whether I would want to read it in the first place. The summary given for it was also not so compelling but then I reached there because it was on the no. 1 recommendation of a Chanbaek enthusiast and they also gave a little note on why I shall read it and I thought of giving it a try.

I started with the first paragraph and without even knowing i was sucked into the world of that fic without even knowing. I was just reading the first paragraph when I realised that I wanted to read this through. I don't want to waste more time and read all of it and that too right then. And so began my journey with this fic..

The things that attracted me into binge reading it, was the fact that it is so different than the usual books that we read. It doesn't give us a false hope rather it serves us the harsh reality of life and the pain that comes with it. It presents us the raw emotion anger, pain, hatred but most importantly it teaches us to be patient. It teaches us that when it comes to love, true love, there is no rush. It takes time to evolve.... It could be days, weeks, months or even years. But just like wine the more time it takes the more refined it is. I've never read a book which leaves a bittersweet aftertaste in my mouth until now and I'm in no form regretting it...

Coming on to the characters the best thing was that every character was unique and original. You won't find even a single clichè personality in here. But the best thing was that no matter how ugly the character was initially they didn't fully change themselves to fit into certain model, they still had that spark in them. When we're living in a much more healthy mindset than before it teaches us that it's not always important to change yourself to fit into some predefined set of standards, you can be yourself and people who love you for it actually are the ones you should spend your life with. The doubts that I had in the beginning as to whether I'd really like reading a fic with baekhyun being blind in it was replaced by this acute sense of fondness for him not from pity and neither from his struggles but from his personality as a whole and I thing that is the biggest victory  for the author.

And now last but not the least thing that I love is the fact that the author  has been so thorough with the setting and the premise that I forgot where I was whole throughout the story. I could see the scenes unfold in front of my own eyes and it was magical. I could feel the joy, the tension, the pain and the anger. And if there is one thing that could make me hooked to a story is if could make me feel and this fic certainly did. 

Safe to say I ABSOLUTELY love and adore this story and this author. 

So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and read it!!!!

The link to the story is this  

https://aprilclash.livejournal.com/20823.html

html