𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻 | under the stars

HOLIDAY BREAK has descended upon Shin International University, signaling a two-week countdown to the New Year! Jisu's mind buzzed with plans on how to spend her time.

Someone called out to her from behind, “Jisu eonni.” Turning around, Jisu was surprised to see Yuna standing there alone. Normally, she's inseparable from Chaeryeong... especially now that they've confessed their feelings for each other. “I noticed you left, so I... followed you.”

“No need to worry, I'm not sneaking around with your cousin,” Jisu quipped, earning a light laugh from Yuna. A brief silence hung in the air.

“I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner that I have feelings for your best friend, eonni. Only my mom knows I'm gay and... how I feel about Chaeryeong eonni.”

Jisu affectionately patted Yuna's head. “It's okay, Yuna-yah. Just promise me you won't hurt Chaeryeong's feelings, or you'll have me face me.”

“You can count on me, eonni.”

Jisu didn't respond further. Instead, she looked up, silently wishing her mother would take a break from work for once and spend the new year with her. Unfortunately, her mother was already committed. She exhaled a sigh of resignation.

“Is something bothering you?”

“Yeah... my mom's stuck at work for New Year's. She can't make it.”

Yuna wrapped her arm around her eonni. “I'm sorry my mom has Auntie working on the holiday...”

“It's okay. She got a promotion, so more responsibilities,” Jisu replied, offering Yuna a reassuring smile. “I'm just... not used to celebrating without her.” Her voice trailed off, a hint of sadness in her tone as she hung her head low.

“Don't be down, eonni! I told her that Chaeryeong eonni and I would celebrate with you!” Yuna's cheerful demeanor and optimistic tone indicated those two had everything planned out already.

Jisu playfully rolled her eyes. “Ugh, third-wheeling again.”

“Oh, trust me, eonni, you won't be,” Yuna quipped with a mischievous grin.

“Welcome back, glad to see you.” Chaeryeong greeted her best friend with a warm smile. Jisu instinctively gravitated towards Chaeryeong, enveloping her in a tight hug as if it were second nature.

“Try not to feel down, alright? I've got you,” Chaeryeong murmured, her fingers gently running through Jisu's hair. She then glanced at Yuna, adding, “We've got you.”

Observing Yuna's quiet demeanor and her engrossed phone tapping, Jisu decided to draw her attention. “Hey, Yuna, how long are you sticking around?”

Yuna glanced up briefly, then returned to her phone. “For the whole holiday break, eonni.”

Sensing Yuna's withdrawal, Jisu shifted her focus to Chaeryeong. “Ryeong-ah, how about whipping up some snacks?”

“On it, just a sec.” Chaeryeong replied before disappearing into the kitchen.

Not long after, the sound of the doorbell echoed. Yuna made a move to get up, but Jisu intervened with a raised hand. “I'll get it.”

“Sorry, who--”

“Hi...”

Jisu couldn't help but smile at the unexpected sight of Ryujin standing at her doorstep.