𝗥𝗼𝘀𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗧𝗵𝗼𝗿𝗻𝘀

ELEVEN YEARS LATER...

JISU FOUND herself in a rush to select an appropriate outfit for a 10:00 AM client meeting, her anxiety heightened by the realization that it was already 9:15 AM and she had overslept.

Her late start had a justifiable cause, however. The inflow of potential clients at their firm was indeed a positive development, but the accompanying stress was not. When they suggested to some of the clients the possibility of withdrawing to seek services elsewhere, their proposals were firmly rejected. The clients were resolute about having their projects managed exclusively by their firm, regardless of any waiting period.

Eonni, have you finished getting ready? We're really pressed for time,” Chaeryeong called out, knocking on the door.

“Hang on, I'll be down in a moment!” Jisu shouted back, hastily choosing a red off-shoulder, knee-length dress and a pair of black ankle strap pumps.

Chaeryeong drove along the highway in her black Ferrari, unusually silent, which didn't escape Jisu's notice.

Ryeong, is there something on your mind?”

Chaeryeong glanced at her with a brief look of surprise. “No, none at all. Why do you ask?”

“You're unusually quiet.”

“Don't read too much into my quietness, eonni.”

“Good morning, Miss Choi. The client arrived a few minutes ago and is waiting in the meeting room,” Anoia, Jisu's personal assistant, informed her.

“Thanks,” Jisu responded briefly before moving past Anoia. She then entered the private elevator, pressed the button for the fourth floor, and went on her way, leaving Chaeryeong behind.

As the door swung open, the client looked up, greeted by Jisu's entrance, and offered a smile. Jisu responded with a curt nod, her demeanor rigid.

Over the years, the client had grown accustomed to Jisu's almost robotic mannerisms.

She had undergone a significant change in the last eleven years.

“We'll start in a few minutes. My partner is still downstairs,” Jisu mentioned.

“Which one, the engineer or the architect?” The client's voice carried a playful undertone. This client, a globally recognized businessman with ventures spread worldwide, hailed from a wealthy background and had grown wealthier with time. He had taken a particular interest in Andeveri, making them his go-to architects for the past year. “You really are insufferable,” Jisu couldn't help but retort.

Just as he was about to respond, the door opened once more, and Chaeryeong stepped in. “Sorry for the delay. I needed to check on something quickly.”

Jisu shifted her focus back to the client, initiating the business discussion. “What brings you to us today, Mister Baudelaire?” Prompted by Jisu's question, Mister Baudelaire adjusted his position, ready to dive into the matter at hand.