𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻 | want some ice cream?

IN THE wee hours of the morning, around 5:00 AM, Jisu was lost in a deep slumber, completely at peace. Gradually, consciousness began to reclaim her, her senses picking up on the sound of rustling from outside her bedroom.

With a groan, Jisu’s head pounded as she hovered in that foggy space between sleep and wakefulness, debating whether to investigate the noise or surrender back to her dreams.

After a moment's contemplation, she resigned herself to investigate the source of the disturbance. Muttering a curse softly, she reluctantly left the warm embrace of her bed.

Venturing out, she found most of the house swallowed in darkness, yet a sliver of light from the kitchen sliced through the gloom, where the noise persisted.

Puzzled by the backyard door being ajar at such an ungodly hour, Jisu chose to brush off the oddity, her curiosity drawn instead towards the kitchen. Inside, Ryujin stood by the stove, her hair tied back in a messy ponytail and an apron draped over her frame.

“Holy shit!” Ryujin jumped, her hand instinctively flying to her chest as she turned to face Jisu.

“Sorry!” Jisu apologized quickly.

Ryujin bit her lip, hesitating for a moment before finally deciding to speak. However, she refrained and instead adjusted her apron subtly before turning her attention back to the food she was preparing, attempting to regain her composure.

Calm down! Ryujin tried to focus on the food simmering on the stove, hoping to distract herself from how utterly cute Jisu looked in the early morning light, but her effort was in vain.

“I...” Ryujin hesitated, her cheeks tinged with embarrassment. It wasn't easy to admit.

Encouragingly, Jisu prompted her, “Go on, Ryujin. What is it?”

Fumbling over her words, Ryujin confessed, “I wanted to... make breakfast for you.”

“You really didn’t have to, you know.” Jisu was itching to poke fun at Ryujin’s sudden shyness, but decided that could wait, “Chaeryeong usually jumps at the chance to cook for me.”

“But I wanted to be the one to do it this time,” Ryujin blurted out quickly, her movements hurried as she grabbed two plates, two sets of spoons and forks, and two glasses from the cabinet. She placed them on the table with deliberate care, all the while avoiding Jisu’s gaze.

“Well, I’m certainly not going to say no to breakfast.” Jisu grinned, “Thanks for making the effort, moon of my life.”

“Anything for you, my sun and stars,” Ryujin responded, her voice soft.

Jisu stopped what she was doing and looked up at Ryujin, her smile broadening, filled with warmth and affection.

Jisu couldn't resist stealing glances at Ryujin, guilty of being captivated by the change she noticed in herㅡa change that made Ryujin even more appealing in her eyes. With her face free of makeup, hair falling in loose strands, and shoulders casually exposed, Ryujin seemed to exude a newfound allure.

Feeling a flutter in her stomach, Jisu gulped.

“I’ve got a place in mind I’d like to take you,” Ryujin said, hesitating for a moment, “assuming you’re free.”