𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲 | date & reconciliation

JISU COULDN'T stop tapping her fingers on her lap, a nervous habit fueled by fear and anxiety.

Eonni, take a breath and try to relax.”

“How am I supposed to do that, Chaeryeong?!” Jisu exclaimed, her voice rising as she ran her fingers through her hair in a gesture of sheer frustration.

Three days had elapsed since her unexpected encounter with Yeji, and for the same duration, Ryujin had vanished without a trace. Jisu was left in the dark, unable to reach her, her anxiety intensifying with each passing moment.

Ryujin should have known that Jisu is a friendly person who could easily make friends. She had always been honest about feeling jealous or territorial, so it was bewildering for Jisu that Ryujin had simply disappeared without seeking an explanation from her.

That left Jisu to fear the worst: that Ryujin was signaling the end of their relationship without so much as a word.

“I'm really sorry, eonni...” Yuna's voice broke the heavy silence that had fallen, “I've tried every possible connection my family and I have, but... there's just no trace of her. Even Auntie came up empty.”

A heavy sigh escaped Jisu as she buried her face in her hands, a gesture of deep despair. Chaeryeong and Yuna exchanged worried glances, their concern deepening when Jisu suddenly sprang to her feet, her back to them as she faced the wall.

With a frustrated exhalation, she muttered, “Damn it all,” and, gathering all her strength, she launched her fist into the concrete wall. The impact sent a jolt of excruciating pain through her, yet it didn't deter her. She hit the wall over and over, each punch a desperate attempt to release the storm of frustration, pain, and anxiety swirling inside her.

Eonni! Jisu eonni, stop!” Chaeryeong's cries filled the room as she tried to embrace Jisu from behind, only to be shrugged off. Jisu continued her futile assault on the wall, her actions a visceral outlet for the turmoil within her, but it was far from enough to ease her heartache.

Jisu's cries echoed through the room, a raw expression of her anguish, punctuated by the sharp thuds of her fists against the unyielding wall. Yet, despite her fervent efforts, she found no solace in her actions.

Yet, all she was doing was inflicting physical pain upon herself.

Unable to watch Jisu continue to harm herself, Chaeryeong forcefully shoved her, causing Jisu to topple over and land on the floor. Whimpering, Jisu cradled her hand, now slick with her own blood.

“Choi! Open this goddamn gate, Choi Jisu!”

Jisu's attention snapped to the present, her body trembling as she recognized the voice as Ryujin's mother's.

Yuna exchanged a worried glance at Jisu, “Oh no, she has come for you now...”

Jisu was in utter shock, her mind a whirlwind of confusion, barely able to focus through the agonizing throbbing in her hand. She was so overwhelmed that Yuna's urgent warnings barely registered until...

“Oh my godㅡshe has broken through the gate!” Yuna's voice was thick with terror. She dashed over to Jisu and Chaeryeong, seeking refuge behind them. Moments later, the front door shattered into pieces as Mrs. Shin forced her way in with a sledgehammer in hand.