CHAPTER ONE: Phase Two Begins

HIGHTOWER PARK

THE NIGHT OF ANDREW'S MURDER

Police cars, an ambulance, and news vans were outside the park as Andrew's body was put into a body bag.

A little crowd was beginning, but enough of one that Dylan had to push through.

"Andrew! Andrew!" Dylan yelled, trying to get into the park. 

He was stopped by police and the yellow Caution tape, but he couldn't believe that Andrew was truly dead.

"Let me see him, please! He's my boyfriend!" Dylan begged.

"I'm sorry, sir. This is an active crime scene," the female officer replied.

"You don't understand. I have to see him. He can't be dead. He can't be."

"Let him see his boyfriend, Reynolds," the male officer said to his partner.

Officer Reynolds lifted the tape for Dylan, clearly not wanting to break protocol for this.

She lead Dylan to the ambulance.

"Hold it! This is the victim's boyfriend!" Officer Reynolds told the EMTs loading the body bag into the truck.

They stopped, and Dylan ran over to the bag.

"Are you sure you want to see this, sir?" one of the EMTs asked.

Dylan thought about it for a moment.

What did Andrew look like?

It didn't matter.

Dylan needed this.

"Do it," Dylan said.

The EMT unzipped the bag, and there he was.

Andrew.

The color gone from his face, one single bullet wound to the chest.

Dylan started to cry.

"That's enough. Zip it back up," Officer Reynolds said.

"He's gone," Dylan said, unable to process anything.

"Is there someone we should call to come get you?" 

CAITLIN'S HOUSE

"Jeremy, please answer me! I don't care where you ran off to, I just want to know that you're okay. Please call me back." Caitlin said on a voicemail to Jeremy.

She had just gotten the news that Jeremy escaped the police and the hospital.

She hung up the phone, and put her hand to her forehead, feeling relieved, but panicked. 

With the Professor out there conducting their experiment, anything could happen to Jeremy now.

Then, someone barged into the house.