CHAPTER TWO: Where Were You the Night He Died?

BEACON HEIGHTS COMMUNITY CHAPEL

The Perfectionists, Alison, and Mona stood outside the chapel, stunned after the call from the Professor.

"So it begins," Ava said.

"I can't believe the Professor would do this today of all days!" Dylan added.

"They're trying to get you down while you're still considered weak. A classic move. I did the same thing to my old friends at Ali's funeral," Mona replied.

The Perfectionists and Alison looked at her and all thought What the hell?

"Not the time, I get it."

The conversation was about to continue when Dana began walking over to them.

"Didn't Claire fire her?" Alison asked, noticing the old head of security.

"Maybe she's paying her respects?" Caitlin suggested.

"Have you met Dana?" Dylan replied.

Dana was in front of Dylan now.

"Hello, all. Dylan, I'm so sorry for your loss. It's not easy losing someone you care about," Dana said.

"What do you want, Dana? I know you're not here for me or Andrew, so what is it?" Dylan asked.

"Actually, I am here for you and Andrew. I need you to come down to the police station within the next day or two."

"The police station? For what? And why are you telling me this? Shouldn't you have left the Pacific Northwest like you never shut up about all this time?"

"While Claire may have fired me after learning about Nolan's killer, she rehired me because she knew I could deliver results. But in that time I applied to the Beacon Heights police department, and was offered a position."

"So you're still Head of Security but now an officer on top of that?" Caitlin asked.

"Don't make it sound so stressful, Caitlin. For all our sakes."

"Why do I need to come to the police station?" Dylan asked.

"Just routine questions. You and Andrew were together for a year, so we have some questions. But you know what they say."

"What do they say, Dana?"

"The boyfriend did it."

Dana gave her infamous smirk, and walked away.

"I swear to God, I'm gonna ki-" Dylan began.

"Maybe we shouldn't say something like that right now, Dylan. At least in public," Alison suggested.

"She's right. We can't have any more suspicion on you than there already is. We should go," Ava said.

"Yeah, come on," Caitlin agreed.

The gang began to leave the church, but were stopped by someone talking behind them.