CHAPTER TEN: What Have We Done? (Part 2)

"Hanna?!" Alison asked.

"Surprise!" Hanna replied, hugging one of her best friends.

"You two know each other?" Ava asked.

"We grew up together. She's went through that stuff Mona and I told you guys about once," Alison replied.

"You mean A and the underground bunker?"

"Dark times that we've moved through, thank God! I started to lose track of how many people hated us," Hanna said.

"Me too. And I was only there for three years of it. What are you doing here in Beacon Heights?" Alison asked.

"Well, I saw Vogue's pictures of the fashion show that happened here and I saw Ava's designs and concept so I decided to reach out to her and offer my help. It's not easy having your own fashion line. Oh, and I also came because Mona got attacked?"

"That's what the police said. We don't know anything yet. Did you just go visit her?"

"Yeah. How'd you know?"

"I didn't. I just assumed you'd stop to see her before you came here."

Both Hanna and Alison were acting slightly secretive toward each other. Alison knew what she was hiding from Hanna, but what was Hanna hiding from her?

"Right. Well, Ava and I have some work to do, but I'll text you later and we can talk. Is that okay?" Hanna asked.

"Yeah. Sounds like a plan," Alison replied.

CLAIRE'S OFFICE

"You wanted to see me?" Taylor asked Claire.

Taylor was supposed to watch over Mona, but when Claire Hotchkiss calls, you can't say no. 

"Yes, I did. I have a proposition for you, Taylor," Claire replied.

"Which is?"

"Come work with me...and help me run Hotchkiss Industries."

"You want me to run H.I? Why?"

"You're my family, and it's a family owned company. No one can run it like a Hotchkiss can. And you know how the saying goes. Two Hotchkisses are better than one."

"No one says that."

"It's in the same spirit."

"If this is a proposition, isn't there a catch?"

"Not a catch, per say. More like a condition. The fine print of the contract, so to speak."

"What is it?"

"You can't associate with Alison or any of the others that are close to her."

"Mom, I can't do that. Alison brought me back to Beacon Heights. That's not fair."

"Unfortunately life isn't fair, Taylor. Accept my offer and conditions, or don't. It's that simple."

If Taylor was able to run Hotchkiss Industries, she could take down her mother and kick her out of what she built.

But she couldn't give up on her friends.

"Can I think about it?" Taylor asked.