CHAPTER EIGHT: You're Our Only Hope

ALISON'S HOUSE

"You really think Taylor would want to help us?" Caitlin asked.

"She's in this as much as we are," Alison responded.

"Except she's safe from all of this and we're not!" Mona corrected.

"We don't know that. No one except the staff there and Claire have seen her for weeks. She could be thriving, or she could be like me in Welby."

"I doubt she's being tortured by her husband whose working with her aunt, Ali."

Again, Caitlin and Ava didn't question this. 

"How would we even get to Taylor? I thought Claire was the only one that could see her?" Ava asked.

"Claire's the only person she wants Taylor to see. She's probably lied to her and said that no one else wanted to see her. Which is why I need to go back there when Claire's busy," Alison replied.

"Why don't you at least ask Claire first? Don't make her be more suspicious of us by going behind her back. Try and be honest," Caitlin suggested.

"As much as the high school girl inside me doesn't want to, I agree. I'll ask Claire if I can see Taylor, and if she says no, then we'll just have to go behind her back whether she likes it or not."

"Have we thought about the fact that Taylor may not want to help?" Mona asked.

"And are we sure we want to tell her the truth about Jeremy? Shooting your brother's killer is different than shooting an innocent person," Ava said.

"We'll figure it out when it gets to that. We just need to get Dylan out of jail before anything else bad happens," Alison replied.

"So what's the plan?" Caitlin asked.

"I'll try again to see if I can recover the footage from the night Andrew died to see if we can save all of us the trouble of dealing with Claire," Mona answered.

"And tomorrow I'll go to Claire about Taylor. If she says I can't see her then I'll wait an hour or so before going to RiverWell in case Claire goes down there to stop me," Alison added.

2 MINUTES LATER

OUTSIDE ALISON'S HOUSE

Ava and Caitlin had said goodbye to Alison and Mona and were walking to their cars.

"Hey, speaking of Jeremy...have you heard from him at all?" Ava asked.

Caitlin was caught off-guard. 

"Uh...no, I haven't. And he stopped clearing his voicemails, so..." she replied.

"I just don't get why he'd run if he knows he's innocent in all of this."

"He isn't innocent, Ava. Jeremy told me that night that he did do something about Nolan, and we know that he was at least working for the Professor. I'm sure he still has something to run from."

THE NEXT DAY

BEACON HEIGHTS POLICE STATION