"I think he's a bit too young for you, Mum"

The final bell of the day rings, signalling the end of school... for most of us anyway. Unfortunately, I have to stay behind for an hour for detention. Was that 15 minute nap in my English class really worth staying behind after school for an hour doing nothing but listening to the clock tick? Nope.

I swear I'm going to bed early every night from now on.

I lumber into the school hall where the detention is held every night and take a seat at the desk in front of the teachers'. Believe me, I didn't decide to sit here, it's just the only desk available. The room's completely empty besides from the teacher's desk and the two desks lined up next to each other in front of it.

Surely I'm not the only person with an after-school detention...

The teacher running the detention isn't even here yet which makes me debate whether I should leave. The only thing stopping me is the fact I'll probably have to stay for two hours tomorrow and I am not doing that.

"This is completely unacceptable. It's the third time you've pulled something like this, this term! You're lucky you're not getting expelled" the head growls as he storms into the room. I snap my head behind to see him and who he's talking to. It can't be me... What the hell have I done besides gone to sleep in class?

"It was worth a try. I have better things to be doing than staying here" another voice appears. I take my gaze off my head master and see Logan Brooks stroll into the room, slamming the door shut behind him. I smile in amusement until I realise that Mr Richards is glaring at me.

"And what are you here for?" he snaps.

"You told me to stay behind" I frown in confusion.

"Right, yes. I did" he stutters.

Old people, huh? Brains like a fish. I should've gone home when the bell rang and he wouldn't have even noticed.

"Logan, sit down next to Megan and do something productive. One more stunt like this and I swear you're getting expelled" the angry man orders. Logan rolls his eyes and takes the seat next to me, whilst Mr Richards sits at his desk in front of us, immediately pulling out a folder from under the desk and writing a load of things down.

"What did you do?" I frown at Logan.

"He caught me trying to go home instead of coming here" he huffs.

"Was this really worth not learning about Anglo-Saxons laws and punishments?" I smirk and he shakes his head in amusement.

"Was this really worth taking a fifteen minute nap in class?" he retaliates.

"Touché"

"Stop talking or I'll make it three hours" Sir snaps.

"Is that even legal, Sir?" I decide to ask. He sends me a glare from above his glasses before getting back to... well, whatever he's doing in that folder.

Half an hour passes and I haven't done anything but watch the clock move. I'm losing my mind in here. I tried going on my phone to play a game or something but Mr Richards caught me immediately and threatened to take it off me if I got it out again.

Logan has the right idea. He's managed to finish his drawing of a snake and has moved on to a more intricate design, drawing numerous other things around his original drawing to create... I don't even know but it looks amazing. The whole page is filled with really cool stuff.

"You're so good at drawing" I gawp.

"Cheers" he nods, not taking his eyes off the paper.

"Do you do art?" I decide to ask. I'm probably annoying him but I have nothing else to be doing. He's my best bet.