"I'll keep my dry humour and sarcastic comments to a minimum"

"Thirty minutes, Megan!" Mum calls from downstairs.

"Remind me one more time, Mum!" I call back.

It's Saturday – the day that David's coming over – and Mum has literally gone insane. She wants this day to be perfect so she woke me up at 9am just so I can get ready for his arrival at 1pm. Waking up that early on a Saturday should be illegal!

I've been ready for the past hour now so waking up at 9am was completely unnecessary. I could have had an extra 2 hours in bed! This day better be worth it.

Just as I'm about to go downstairs to calm my Mum down out of her 'panic mode', I get a text from Logan.

Logan: On my way x

Mum said I could invite him over so I didn't even think twice about it. I think Logan's the only thing that's going to keep me grounded for the day. I couldn't think of anything worse than spending the day alone with Mum and David.

Megan: Thank god, Mum's going crazy x

Logan: haha, I'll be as quick as possible xx

Realising I'm smiling pettily at the extra kiss he added at the end of the text, I put my phone in my pocket and make my way downstairs. Mum's vacuuming the whole house for I think the third time today. She's going to end up vacuuming the carpet up if she goes over it one more time.

I decide to be the good person in this situation by turning off the noisy machine by the plug socket. Mum frowns in confusion and looks over to see me.

"Logan's on his way" I tell her with a smile.

"Oh good" she lets out a sigh of relief. "Now turn on the switch, Megan. I need to clean this place"

"Mum, sit down. You're going to get sweat patches"

"I can't, Meg. This place needs cleaning" she frowns.

"It's spotless! I've never seen it so clean in my life" I scoff. "Seriously, Mum. It's boiling in here and that's either from the hoover working too much, or from your body heat. Either way, it isn't pleasant"

She sighs, "Are you sure it's alright?"

"Yes, Mum" I nod, making her stand the hoover up and sit down on the sofa next to me. "I thought we're going bowling anyway. Why does the house have to be clean?"

"We're only going there at two and then we're coming back here after dinner" she mutters.

"Oh so we're spending about two hours here. That's why the house has to be completely immaculate" I say sarcastically and she just rolls her eyes. "Mum, I don't even think I'll be able to find the remote"

"You're not watching TV until everybody's left, Megan" she sighs.

"You need to relax. This is a big day for you, be happy" I say, reaching out to move her lips into a smile. She pushes me away and chuckles.

"Yeah, you're right" she nods. The knocks at the door instantly knock the smile off her face and she looks at me in panic.

"Mum, it's Logan. Calm down" I chuckle, getting up off the sofa and answering the door.

"Hey" he smiles.

"Hello" I nod, stepping aside so he can come in. I walk back into the living room and smile at my Mum. "Mum, it's David"

"What?" she snaps, sitting up in her place. I burst out laughing as her face drops when she sees Logan. "Megan, I'm actually going to kill you"

"Hey Natasha" Logan smirks at her.